Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old    tyerone44            07-23-2003, 5:58 AM Reply   
I am heading there i 2 weeks and have no idea about besides it is nice. can anyone tell me if the lake is clean of debrie? how about Burnside,KY please help me out in any way you could thanks
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-23-2003, 3:52 PM Reply   
Lake Cumberland is awesome, clean water tons of coves, with lots of butter. I really don't know much about Burnside, we usually take off from Jamestown. Once we get on the water, we head straight to Otter Creek. Go way back into Otter Creek, where it starts getting narrow and there is some great butter there.
Where at in Ohio are you from? I live in Lima.
Also you have to check out 76 Falls, its over near Grider Creek. Saturday is usually the best day. Its a major party all day long.
When are you headed there? We are going Aug 1st thru the 4th.
Old    tyerone44            07-23-2003, 5:02 PM Reply   
thanks alot for your help. i am going august 17. Burnside I think is like 20 miles from jamestown. I live in the akron area and usually drive about 40 minutes to westbranch. wanna hook up sometime, my boat goes in the shop on friday to get a new steering cable. either way let me know what it is like at cumberland when you get back. with all lthe rain.
Old    tyerone44            07-23-2003, 5:03 PM Reply   
thanks alot for your help. i am going august 17. Burnside I think is like 20 miles from jamestown. I live in the akron area and usually drive about 40 minutes to westbranch. wanna hook up sometime, my boat goes in the shop on friday to get a new steering cable. either way let me know what it is like at cumberland when you get back. with all lthe rain. thanks alot for the info i will for sure use it.
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-23-2003, 6:09 PM Reply   
What kind of boat do you have? My last Nautique was a 1989 2001. I had to replace the steering cable in it, it wasn't bad at all to replace. Just take a rope, tie it to the old one and pull the old steering cable out, untie it, tie it to the new cable and pull the rope and cable back through.
If your interested we're headed for the maumee river tomorrow, its up around Grand Rapids Oh. we're meeting a couple from Cleveland. There will be 3 boats, my 2000 pro air, my friends 1999 X-Star, and the couple from Cleveland are bringing their Malibu. there will be about 10 of us total. The people from Cleveland we hooked up with this week here on wake world. Let me know.

Old    tyerone44            07-23-2003, 6:46 PM Reply   
I may be going to a barefoot clinic tommorrow but am still not sure. a deal I would be a fool to pass up. but i'm not sure yet. if not i would love to go. there would be just my girlfried and I if there would be room for us. but I must warn you we suck pretty bad. if you could e-mail me and let me know. once I have your adress i'll give you my number and we could maybe hook up.
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-23-2003, 7:08 PM Reply   
We have plenty of room, if your interested let me know. We'll be heading out around 1:00. Don't worry we all pretty much suck, but we have alot of fun.
I guess if I had the chance I would be going to the barefoot clinic. So if you can't maybe we can hook up another time. let me know.
Old    aaron_bell            07-23-2003, 8:09 PM Reply   
Just got back one week ago. You need to find an area you want to board in and drive through it and look for any debris and get rid of it. It was getting better everyday because they are lowering the water 6" everyday. I felt Burnside, right at that big road bridge was the worst for debris. After you got past it and the marine it got better.

You just have to be careful, we had a get time and wish we were still there.
Old    tyerone44            07-24-2003, 5:26 AM Reply   
deven: check your e-amil thanks
Old    gotpwr            07-25-2003, 11:17 PM Reply   
Hey Deven, I'm heading down to Cumberland next weekend as well. We've got 10 couples and 2 houseboats. We should hookup. Are you going tie your houseboat up in otter creek? We may tie up there Friday night and then take the houseboats back to 76 falls Saturday morning.

(Message edited by gotpwr on July 25, 2003)
Old    moe            07-26-2003, 12:32 PM Reply   
from burnside go south on the big south fork, go about 15 miles or so, you will not be sorry! I am going to be there from aug. 7-10
Old    tyerone44            07-26-2003, 3:32 PM Reply   
thanks alot for the info.
moe do you listen to the band moe? they rock
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2003, 8:38 AM Reply   
Dan, we get a house boat every year, we even had the deposit down for this year but a few couples backed out that usually go. So instead there is another couple and us that are going, and we're taking our 4 kids, they have 2 and we have 2. We're just camping this time.
IF your going to be at Otter Creek friday we can still look you up. I seem your Nautique on your profile, so you shouldn't be to hard to find. I have a Pro Air as well, a 2000 black and gray. so keep an eye out for us. We will be boarding in Otter Creek on Friday. Let me know and maybe we could meet you there. I would love to check out some different boarders, where were from there arn't many. Let me know.
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2003, 8:39 AM Reply   
seen
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2003, 8:41 AM Reply   
Tye, sorry I missed you, we met Steve from Cleveland and his wife and son at the Maumee. We had a great time, maybe we can hook up some other time.
Old    gotpwr            07-27-2003, 10:43 AM Reply   
Deven, we're acturally leaving the kids at the grandparents this weekend. This annual trip has evolved from a guys weekend to a couples weekend. We'll see if my wife can keep her top on back at the falls this year. She didn't have much luck last year. Anyway, we're picking our houseboat up at the State Dock at 2:30 EST. Are you still going to be back in Otter Creek around 4:00 or 5:00 EST? If so, I'll head back there and look for you.
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2003, 7:05 PM Reply   
Dan, yea we'll be there.
We usually leave the kids back home also, but since everyone cancled we decided to take the trip and camp with the kids instead.
76 falls is a great time, my wife has had the same problem. I'm sure she'll control herself a little more this year, with the kids and all. We'll be over there Saturday afternoon so the kids can see the place we talk about all the time, and the place where their dad broke his a$$ jumping off the falls. That was a bad experience!
Hope to see you Friday at the Creek.
Old    gotpwr            07-27-2003, 7:31 PM Reply   
Sounds cool, I'll look for you Friday afternoon!
Old    moe            08-02-2003, 9:33 AM Reply   
a band named moe? what were they thinking?
Old    tyerone44            08-03-2003, 2:26 PM Reply   
if you have never heard of moe. go download some of there music. they completelly jam.