Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old     (chvywkbrdrmc205)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-28-2003, 11:36 PM Reply   
ok well im still collecting all the details, so i dont have the complete info yet. what i do know is this...

yesterday a friend of my sisters was boating in the delta with some friends or something, tubing and was on a whip from a turn. well i guess she lost it off the tube and hit an underwater/semi-underwater pole or dock or something. she was knocked unconscience, shattered her pelvis and had to be pulled from the water and woken up. she's having some major surgery on wed of this week. ill get the rest of the details from a friend.

just goes to show yah, the confined space of the delta is not a smart place to be doing an activity like tubing

maybe someone will sue the boat maker for not warning that theres a possibility of random underwater objects causing injury while tubing in the delta

(Message edited by chvywkbrdrmc205 on July 28, 2003)
Old    bassboy8855            07-29-2003, 9:46 AM Reply   
What makes tubeing more dangerous that wakeboarding. you could still hit the poledock thing on a wakeboard just as easy...
Old    aesop            07-29-2003, 9:55 AM Reply   
Its just the principals of tubing. It just should not be done.
Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-29-2003, 11:18 AM Reply   
The boarder controls their aqua-plaining device. A tuber does not.
Old     (chvywkbrdrmc205)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-29-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
exactly as Scott said. "in general" wakeboarders and skiers are going in a straight line and can dodge obstacles themselves to an extent and they usually arent getting whipped around towards shore too often either. tubing on the other hand is something that you really need a big open space for. i enjoy tubing, but only where we've got a huge open part of the lake where theres nothing to hit and no other people around to get in the way of. how many tubers actually go in a straight line? that wouldnt be any fun. the delta is too narrow for that type of thing
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-29-2003, 11:35 AM Reply   
Inflatables are not allowed on many small lakes for just this reason. Seems like a no brainer on the delta.
Old    wakeboardjo            07-29-2003, 12:46 PM Reply   
We usually tube in the middle of our lake, especially on weekends because the chop just gets bigger and bigger
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-29-2003, 2:49 PM Reply   
a friend in FL was gutted like a fish and killed instantly after hitting a stump on a tube.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-29-2003, 2:51 PM Reply   

quote:

maybe someone will sue the boat maker for not warning that theres a possibility of random underwater objects causing injury while tubing in the delta

as much as i sympathize with your friend's condition and wish her the best, that statement is ridiculous.
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-29-2003, 3:01 PM Reply   
some friend that must have been to reffer to his/her death as being "gutted like a fish".
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-29-2003, 4:02 PM Reply   
Danny- I'm trying to put an image in your head for a reason. Thats what happened. My bad, I'll consult you b4 I post again to make sure I get it right.
BTW "refer" has one "f" insert your extra "f" here _uck off!.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-29-2003, 4:33 PM Reply   
Yo Chris, I find it hard not to agree with Danny, man. That 'extra f' thing was funny, but uncalled for.
Old    hydrotek            07-29-2003, 4:37 PM Reply   
just fyi...
A kid broke his neck tubing on lake skiatook in oklahoma on sunday july 27 in open waters and did not hit a thing. However, he was wearing a pfd, which is a positive to be taken from it. i wish all injured the best in their recovery.
Old    sonicr1            07-29-2003, 9:50 PM Reply   
FYI, Just south of Paradise Point, there was what we thought was a tree stump sticking like 2 inches out of the water... about 6 inches in diameter. This is the first time I saw it... have been out there at least once a week for the whole summer... I was there yesterday, and it seemed like low tide, which problably added to the fact that there may be objects closer to the surface of the water.

Hope she is OK!!!!!!!!
Old    akman            07-29-2003, 10:31 PM Reply   
Neelley,

I was having a bad day until I read your post!

Thanks for keeping things on the lighter side Bro!

I need to ride with you soon!

Gramps
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-30-2003, 11:48 AM Reply   
Gramps- Yeah missed you all big time at WSSR. My wife is on bed rest for the next 3-4weeks so I got to stay local. If you get north let me know, maybe BV, I know Andre comes up here once in a while. Would also love to hook up with Blabel and Mel.