Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-28-2003, 8:58 PM Reply   
This sucks.My boards fell out of my rack in my garage.My daughters board is smashed in a bit on the tip,and mine is cracked on the end.Although it's not the end of the world,we go to Pillsbury on Sunday for a week of riding.
Whats my best bet as far as repairing these?Is there a kit at a surf shop or something?Is it tough to do?
I've seen boards that were fixed and they seem to perform okay,and don't look to bad.
I really need help on this fast!!!
Thanks.
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-28-2003, 9:09 PM Reply   
We've taken a few in to a guy who does surfboard repairs and they have done a good job.
Old    bassboy8855            07-28-2003, 9:22 PM Reply   
Ductape fixes everything!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-28-2003, 11:00 PM Reply   
Use a 2 part epoxy and sand it down to make it smooth. A quick cheap fix when in a pinch
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-29-2003, 5:02 AM Reply   
Dave,how bout I put some over your mouth?Dumbass
Old     (jro)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-29-2003, 7:25 AM Reply   
Its easy if you have the right tools. My shop fixed them all the time (One even fall 15 ft from the ceiling). You need a pair of vise grips and 2 metal scrapers (the small ones you use to scrape p-tex on skis), some simple 2 part clear epoxy and some ingenuity (Some C-clamps help too). It depends on where the crack is on the board to figure out how to clamp it.

Basically figure out how you are going to clamp it (24 hours or so), mix the epoxy in a small cup, drizzle the epoxy into the crack and on the edges, squeeze it tight, and let it sit (Clamped tight).

Sometimes you have to use some weird stuff to squeeze the crack together. I have used vise grips, c-clamps, rubber bands, a vise, etc. When it is dry, sand the edges smooth.

(Message edited by jro on July 29, 2003)
Old     (the_madness)      Join Date: May 2003       07-29-2003, 8:27 AM Reply   
I was in Ski World over on Santa Rosa Ave one day and saw a guy pick up a repair that they had done on a Belmont. They guy took a bik chunk out of the edge when he hit a slider. The rebuilt the area around the chip and it lookd good as new. They might be able to turn yours around before you hit Pillsbury.
Old    bassboy8855            07-29-2003, 9:36 AM Reply   
"Dave,how bout I put some over your mouth?Dumbass"

Um.... sadly I was being serious. We where at the lake just the other day and my friend got a crack right down the nose of the board. We threw some tape on it and it worked fine...
Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-29-2003, 11:31 AM Reply   
Dave's right, it does work well.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-29-2003, 12:31 PM Reply   
Yeah, he's right, Duct Tape, works great. Used it many a time myself. But doesn't slide to well on PVC.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-29-2003, 1:33 PM Reply   
Rich,

I use Loctite quick set two part epoxy, you can find it a Lowes or Home Depot. Let it set up for about two hours in the sun or four hours indors, and your board will be as good as new (functionally) .
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-29-2003, 2:15 PM Reply   
Dave,sorry about that,I was pretty pissed about my boards being messed up.Your right,duct tape would work,but I gotta fix it permenant.Sorry about that dude.
Madness;I'm off to Ski World to see if they can turn this around for me,otherwise,I gotta try to fix it on my own.
Thanks for the suggestions,I'll try to take pics,before and after.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-29-2003, 2:47 PM Reply   

Rich - I have an extra LF Balance board if your in need of a board if ya cannont fix it for the weekend.

www.wakeon.com
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-29-2003, 3:47 PM Reply   
Mike,that is huge!!!!Good news though,I just dropped them off at Ski World and they will be done tomorrow.Sweeeeeet.Dirt cheap too.
I feel better now.I'll test it out on Friday,and see how it holds up.
Thanks All.