Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old    wakelvr            07-27-2003, 5:26 PM Reply   
What was sure to be a promising weekend for some of us on the delta, ended with a small dark cloud over our heads. Christie Fisher's Excursion got broken into Saturday night. This happened at Orwood Marina, in the parking lot on Saturday evening 7/26. Here are some pics of her truck and damage. As you can see, her stereo was stolen. If anyone saw anything, please let her or myself know. And please keep an eye out for this loser.

Oh yeah, one last thought.... KARMA
Old    wakelvr            07-27-2003, 5:30 PM Reply   

Old    wakelvr            07-27-2003, 5:33 PM Reply   

Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-27-2003, 5:37 PM Reply   
Wow this seems to be a horrible trend in the wakeboarding scene recently. Sorry to hear that Christie. It is such an icky feeling knowing that people have gone through your stuff.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-27-2003, 7:14 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear about that Christie. I didn't see the cloud over your head last night either.

I can say one of the best inventions is the detachable face plates. If I ever left my car/truck in a bad area I always removed the face plate and swear that is the only reason I came back to find my windows intact.

Thieves Suck!
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-27-2003, 7:46 PM Reply   
My stereo had the face that flipped around so it looked like there wasn't a stereo there at all...unless you were looking for one.

Thanks for taking the pics Stefani and I agree...KARMA. What goes around, comes around. Some day, this loser will get his!

You forgot to mention what the rest of the dark cloud dropped as well. The wedge also broke on my boat today!

Another GREAT day at the delta

At least I had good friends to share the day with and no one was hurt. Boats and cars can be repaired!!
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2003, 8:06 PM Reply   
not cool.......

please move to Idaho........
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-27-2003, 8:41 PM Reply   
Christie. . .

I'm so sorry. . . We ended up @ Del's this morning. . . Let's hope someone had there eyes open. . .

Keep your head Up ~

Aaron
Old    hockeyruss            07-28-2003, 5:08 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear that. Thieves suck. At least they unplugged your stereo and didn't cut the wires or smash up your dashboard. Guess it could have been worse. I can't believe in a crowded boat ramp someone had the stones to do that, and no one saw anything. I love south carolina, you get caught breaking into a car or a house and you go to jail for a long time the first time. I used to live in liberal massachusetts where the courts were revolving doors for criminals, I have lost a few stereos, now I don't worry about it, don't need alarms on my vehicles and even leave my house unlocked most of the time (have big dog though).
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-28-2003, 6:56 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear about the wrongdoing here. I'd like to think that it wasn't anyone who has ever set foot on a wakeboard (obviously, they aren't wakeboard material). Hope you recover you loss soon, and find those responsible for this.

How did your Wedge break, if I may ask?
Old    whitechocolate            07-28-2003, 7:18 AM Reply   
Sorry; That sucks big time! I used to work as A Installer at a local Stereo shop, Theve's would break into a car and steal a $300 CD player and cause $2,500 worth of dammage, I would feel so sorry for thoes people some of there cars were so distroyed they needed to be towed in. Most cars would have a Super Alarm installed after there first break in. I know that dosen't do anythng for you but It looks like it could have been much worse.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-28-2003, 8:18 AM Reply   
Thanks, everyone. Yes, it definitely could have been worse. At least my thief was a considerate thief (isn't that an oxymoron?).

As far as the wedge goes, the heads snapped off the bolts on one side so the wedge plate "peeled off" to the other side. This is the second time it has happened to me, but the first time it was just the head of one bolt that snapped.
Old    tammy            07-28-2003, 8:31 AM Reply   
Sorry Christie..... Karma will get them! Cory is at home today, call him if you need help with anything.

Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-28-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
Christie, sorry to hear about this!

Do you know when it happened? Was the truck there over night? Did the folks at Orwood tell you if this happens often?

When my AMP got ripped from my boat, on the trailer, on the street, in Discovery Bay, folks told me that this happens all of the time.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-28-2003, 10:13 AM Reply   
sorry girl, no one deserves that s#$t especially you.
Old    wakelvr            07-28-2003, 10:55 AM Reply   
It's so hard to see bad things happend to good people. It's frustrating, but I do believe in KARMA. Sometimes it take a while to come full circle, but I do believe eventually it will...

Old    boarddude            07-28-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
Christy, very sorry to hear of your car stearo getting ripped, but I thought you might like to hear about this as it just happened to me:
I was up at Lake McClure just this last week (hot, oh was it hot)...anyway. We pulled out the boat everyday and parked it across from our campground. That night, because it was so hot, I was awake and stirring and heard someone around my boat (gravel) and truck (truck has an alarm). Two guys, one pretty husky were scoping on my boat and truck...I just watched when one got inside my boat! Handed the other guy my cam recorder, and my digital camera and get this...some beer! I casually walked over after waking the wife and told her to call for the ranger and sheriff...then walked out and asked them politely to remove their friggen *SS from my boat and just leave...they were high and drunk. They called me names and threatened me, the one from the boat jumped me...We wrestled, I got a swollen eye, my kids woke up and my 14 year old hit the big guy on the head with a mag flashlite to cool his jets (he went to the hospital), they other guy I nelsoned to the ground where we tide him up with a dock rope to the trailer....No kidding...We soon had them both tide...then a car approached and it was his friends...we exchanged some words, but the wife pulled the Glock (laser sightings) and pointed it at his head..its surprising what a red dot on your head does...the guy started to freaked out...as it turns out (trying to shorten the story)...they were locals who routinely come up and prey on campers...several get dropped off at varias campgrounds around the area and steal whatever they can...I was thinking, during the daytime, no-one is at the campground and they could take anything they want...the Sheriff stated these guys are Meth addicts, one freshly out of jail...and they were all high...they searched the car and found drugs, pipes, needles and stolen property, some from campers and some from houseboats where they actually rowed out and broke in...absolutely incredible what they found. Stupid white-trash crap people...We were greatful no-one got really hurt (except me, black eye and lots of hide missing from wrestling on pavement), my son and his friends think they're Batman and Robin or something and fearless mom, robocop...next time I'll just try and scare them, by yelling or something. The cops took almost 20 minutes to get there...the ranger was happy and it made for interesting conversation in the morning...our neighbors, a church group (younglife)was impressed. I have lots of weeping scabes today.

My only suggestion would be secure all valuables, lock, do not make anything look available and alarm it, post a guard dog and be alert.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-28-2003, 12:17 PM Reply   
its sad very recently it seems everybody has been targeting the wakeboarding community on stealing and trashing property. I guess they figured out people invest a lot into their boats and there is a lot to steal...
3 weeks ago theives came to my boat and stole everything.. IT sucks!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-28-2003, 12:36 PM Reply   
precisely the reason i keep my boat in a locked storage unit rather than at my apt complex, and the reason my 1994 truck has a fancy alarm with a proximity sensor on it.
Old    norcal_99            07-28-2003, 3:39 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear about this happening to such a good person too.

I hate thieves worse than powerturners.

Christie was your Excursion in the parking lot over night, or did this happen while you were out riding?
Old    deltahoosier            07-28-2003, 3:47 PM Reply   
Sorry to have given you the bad news yesterday Christie. I knew you would have been rushed to pick up Josh and then would have had to stop and find your truck messed up. Hope you guys were able to have at least a half way good day.
Old     (ritchieps190)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-28-2003, 8:04 PM Reply   
it sucks that this was some lazy SOB crook that just smashed her window in. Now not only does she have to go to the insurance agent and the stereo shop, but now she needs to have the window replaced too...........
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-28-2003, 11:49 PM Reply   
Christie, that sucks so bad.
I can't say much more than what has already been said. It simply breaks my heart. I hope the replacement process goes as smoothly & quickly as possible.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-29-2003, 8:47 AM Reply   
Robb - Thanks for the story. I know it really isn't funny, but the way you told it made me laugh and laughter always helps!!!

Rene - It was parked at Orwood overnight. I guess I won't be doing that again!

Well, it turns out that there was some damage to the door as well(door handle jammed because of the broken glass) so it had to go to the body shop afterall. They will fix the door and have the window replaced and then I will need to take it to a shop to have the replacement stereo put in.

A few hassles, some time off work to deal with it and a $50 deductible...not bad - things could have been much worse.
Old    boarddude            07-29-2003, 10:58 AM Reply   
Ah Christie,

Life is too short to get too serious about BS stuff like this. It is a bitch and a waste of your valuable time, but its always something, eh? I am glad you found some humor...viewing back on it, the funniest part is when my wife told the driver of the car if he liked looking indian because of the red laser dot on his forehead (trying to act all mean and bad) it took the driver a while to figure out what the heck she was talking about...it was'nt until she waved it around...- you have to understand she is about 105 lbs and 5'2"...definately not the mean type.... Anyway, understanding people in places has to do with your own attitude and perspectives. I'm glad to hear your attitude has not hurt your perspectives...whats $50 bucks? It could have been much worse. Be gald you have your health, family and a few days in the shop, your SUV will be back and you'll be back on the water soon again. I hope to meet you up there someday and we'll share a few laughs for sure...
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-29-2003, 11:12 AM Reply   
humor is adversity's worst enemy.....

not too mention the new stereo, clear window and peace of mind knowing that the idiot who stole your stuff couldn't make $50 (on his own) if his life depended on it!

cheers
Old    norcal_99            07-29-2003, 11:19 AM Reply   
Hey Robb, Why do you bring a Glock camping?

Old    boarddude            07-29-2003, 11:37 AM Reply   
Rene,

Why do you ask such a question? For me, I'm old school, with new school tactics, or lets just say I am an old Boy Scout and leave it at that, or it helps me sleep at night or lets just be honest...honestly, it was a last minute thought. I generally don't bring them along.
Old    norcal_99            07-29-2003, 11:50 AM Reply   
I don't understand what's wrong with the question. I was just curious. What ever your reasons for bringing it, at least it came in handy and possibly saved you and your family from the said perpetrators.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-29-2003, 11:56 AM Reply   
On some trips, I bring my 9. We have guys that sleep in the boat though, so a theif wouldn't get very far.
Old     (mcfatty)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-29-2003, 12:05 PM Reply   
Hey Christie,

Did your wedge look like this?

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-29-2003, 12:21 PM Reply   
McFatty. What happened???
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-29-2003, 12:25 PM Reply   
Christie and McFatty:

I am sorry to hear about your incident. I hope all goes well.

McFatty....Just a suggestion, I do not leave my boat in the water over night too for reasons like this. When we do pull it out for the night, then we always cover the boat at the campsite. Out of sight out of mind, if they can't see it then they might not be interested in going through the hassle of uncovering the boat. Plus it would take them time to uncover it as we also secure the cover. Anyway, just thought I would throw this out as it might help someone in the future.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-29-2003, 12:35 PM Reply   
Robb - Definitely give me a shout the next time you are coming up to the delta! I can just picture your petite little wife holding the 9 on that guy!!

McFatty - Yes, that is exactly what my wedge looks like. The bolts are still in place. The heads just snapped off and the plate peeled back. Did yours just happened as well? Is this the first problem you have had with yours?
Old    deltahoosier            07-29-2003, 12:39 PM Reply   
Mine has done it twice. The one we just put on this year is suppose to correct the problem. Only time will tell.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-29-2003, 12:46 PM Reply   
What problem? Anyone care to share how this happens? We have a Wedge but we rarely use it.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-29-2003, 12:50 PM Reply   
Rod - This was the 2nd wedge for me too. This one was supposed to be the newly designed model
Old     (mcfatty)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-29-2003, 12:53 PM Reply   
Christie - one of the bolts was completely ripped out and the other the head was sheared off. When it kicked to the side it knocked the speedo off too. Luckly no gelcoat damage.
Yes, it is the first time and hopefully the last.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-29-2003, 1:08 PM Reply   
So, can someone PLEASE tell me HOW this happens.

The screws just break?... without hitting anything?
Old     (mcfatty)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-29-2003, 2:20 PM Reply   
J-Rod the screws just broke.

My dealer had me a replacement. No time lost.

I posted this on another website and some people have tons of hours on their boat and the wedge has never gave them any problems.

Wakesetters are awesome boats and we still love ours, go buy one today!