Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old    wakeboard4568            07-25-2003, 1:39 PM Reply   
Hey im very annoyed jsut to let you know. Ive been riding for about 2 and a half years now. I hear some people that've only been riding for like 6 months and theyre throwing inverts..Maybe Im a slow learner, or maybe its the small size of my wake thats holding me back, but excuses are like buttcracks, everybodies got em. lol, but yea my biggest thing that I do is grabs. If i do say so myself, that is pretty pathetic for 2 and half years of riding.
I can't take out the boat by myelf, and not a lot of people around here ride, so i depend on my dad to take me out, but he works like every other American, so its not so often i get to ride. We have a LArson boat and i really like it, but now that im wanting to start bigger tricks, hooking up to the back and ridin on that little wake is not exactly perfection. but HEY ITs a 2 y.o.boat and it was my 1st love (lol) and i'll ride behind anything. Im j/ really dissapointed that ive been riding 2 yrs and grabs are my biggest tricks. maybe im holding back or something? Im not afraid to try anything, i mean..I compete all the time and stuff and love learning new tricks. I dont know...but this post is getting more and more pathetic as it goes on so im done.Haha.

elisabeth the pathetic weiner:0)
Old    chrispy1            07-25-2003, 1:44 PM Reply   
you think that is pathetic . I have been riding for 5 years, and I can only do some grabs, fs&BS180's, and lots of surface tricks. At least your larson has some weight and power to it. My boat barley can get itself up on plane empty.
And the wake is like a small speed bump, anxle sized. I cut in like darin shapiro and I can barley make it w2w.
I have been lately trying some inverts but it is more like going upside down and falling :-)
Old    wakeboard4568            07-25-2003, 1:46 PM Reply   
Hey i feel better. We just represent. haha...wait...did I j/ say that? Make sure i never say that again. ever.

lol, elisabeth

(Message edited by wakeboard4568 on July 25, 2003)
Old    bassboy8855            07-25-2003, 1:48 PM Reply   
i've been rideing for 3 years, i cant even go w2w...
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-25-2003, 1:51 PM Reply   
Hey at least you HAVE an excuse. I have the time to ride, the boat, the $$ for camps and clinics, all the hot gear, 8 years behind me, and I still suck. Still loving it though. Hang in there and get a trampoline.
Old    tpalmeri            07-25-2003, 2:41 PM Reply   
At least you guys are out there doing something you love! Who cares about your trick list, just enjoy the moment and the experiences you have out on the water. I only get out maybe once a month at best, so I am jealous of you guys just as much as I am of those that have a big list of tricks. Just y .02
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-25-2003, 2:47 PM Reply   
Elisabeth, I wasn't near same level as you were when I reached 2 1/2 years. As long as your having fun, thats all that matters.
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-25-2003, 6:12 PM Reply   
Keep at it, especially at your age. I have been riding for 3 years and all I can do is w2w and some grabs. I have the same excuses...small wake, very short riding season, etc., but I guess my biggest problem is my age. Physically I am fine, but at almost 44, I have lost that reckless abandon I have when I was younger. After rupturing my eardrum this year, I had to modify my goals - work at riding switch, then go to 180's. Hang in there and keep riding, plus I recomend the Higher Education DVD.

Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-25-2003, 6:25 PM Reply   
I like to think about Krispy Kremes when I ride, that way I know that no matter how good or bad I ride that session, rest assured there is always going to be Krispy Kremes and they take me to a happy place...... j/k lol.....

Old    floridaboarida            07-25-2003, 7:00 PM Reply   
lol I have no Idea how long I've been riding but Im throwing 360's and landing on my head but i dont care its about having fun
Old    xtremebordgurl            07-25-2003, 7:19 PM Reply   
I'm in the same boat with you Elisabeth I'm wicked frustrated mainly because I've also been riding for 2 years and can't even land a GRab!!!! :-( But the bright side is its all about the fun!!! :-)
Old    wes_the_gimp            07-25-2003, 7:34 PM Reply   
If it was easy it wouldnt be so rewarding when you finally land that new trick! Good luck!
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-25-2003, 9:55 PM Reply   
It takes more courage to fail and try again than it does to always be perfect. At least that's what i keep telling myself over and over and...
Bottom line-DON'T GET DISCOURAGED----HAVE FUN AND IT WILL COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You could be like my wife. Just had a baby and is pretty much startin all over.
Old    wakeboard4568            07-26-2003, 5:12 PM Reply   
Hey,
Thanks a lot. I'm not so discouraged anymore. I figure, it hurts the same when u fall doin a 180 as it does when youre trying something big, so you might as well be falling from something huge. Actually, i didnt think that up my friend did, but still i like it. lol, but yea im j/ gonna quit worrying about it and ride for the fun of it like i used to back in the day when i was still afraid of the Po-lice. wait..what?.

Thanks, Elisabeth
Old    hockeyruss            07-28-2003, 5:31 AM Reply   
Elisabeth, my son is a great rider, he does all sorts of grabs and spins. Everyone that sees him really likes to watch all the air he gets and he style. He has been riding for 3 years. I have been pushing him to ride with some local semi pro's so that he would build confidence to land some inverts (he has tried but not enough). Yesterday, he landed a tantrum but lost the handle, so he is real close. I am sure he will get it in the next 2 weeks. Hang in there. Not everyone can be a dallas friday that came from a gymnastics background. Be proud of what you can do, keep pushing yourself and you will get it. Ride with people that are better than you and never, never settle into the routine.