Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old    mike_rennie            07-23-2003, 1:57 AM Reply   
If anyone knows of a cable park in Northern California, could you please let me know. Thanks
Old     (susieq)      Join Date: May 2002       07-23-2003, 9:14 AM Reply   
Sorry, but as far as I know, the closest cable park to California is in Texas (Texas Ski Ranch).
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-23-2003, 9:51 AM Reply   
Hopefully we get one eventually. That would be so nice.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-23-2003, 2:38 PM Reply   
California will probably never see a cable park.
There are too many lawyers here.
Old    mike_rennie            07-23-2003, 8:05 PM Reply   
What is that supposed to mean???
Old    norcal_99            07-23-2003, 8:10 PM Reply   
Oakwood lake resort in Manteca used to have a cable tow for skiing.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-23-2003, 9:28 PM Reply   
Michael,
There are just too many laws and regs. to deal with in California. I looked in on it, as well as talked to the guys at OWC, and they said the same thing. Too many environmentalists, and attorneys to back them up.
Althogh - there is a cable park in the works in Orange County, California as we speak, but time will only tell how far they will get. They already have a lake, but are dealing with red tape (attorneys) to make things happen. Let's hope they pull it off! They say in a year they should be up and running.
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-23-2003, 9:52 PM Reply   
That (a cable park in O.C.) would be the greatest thing ever. I would be a regular year round!
Old    mike_rennie            07-23-2003, 10:50 PM Reply   
What Kind of Laws and regulations are there against a cable park???
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-24-2003, 6:29 AM Reply   
As long as it's aproved by a city board, liability would be the only issue, and that's easy to cover these says. The fact that Cali might have 'more' lawyers has nothing to do with it.
Old    sonicr1            07-27-2003, 10:19 PM Reply   
I live in Manteca... that cable tow is gone, and has been for a long time... ironically, I was thinking last week that it would be cool, and maybe even a decent money makind endeavor to build it up again for wakeboarding. And, shoot, if they built a cement skate park here and haven't gotten sued, I think a wakeboard park would be OK!!!
Old    mike_rennie            07-27-2003, 10:45 PM Reply   
!!!That sounds like a great idea I would most surely go if there were a cable park in town!!!