Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    aaron_bell            04-22-2003, 6:39 PM Reply   
For you guys that use the raw water intake to fill your ballast do you install your tee before the water filter or after it? And would it make any difference? I thought on draining if I install after the filter I would have to wait on the engine to use all the ballast water I'm trying to drain. Thus possiably taking more time to drain.

I guess if I go after the filter it would be cleaner water? Give me your thoughts.
Old    xwake            04-22-2003, 7:22 PM Reply   
You will want to tap into the intake immediately after the thru-hull fitting.

Regards,

-Bo
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-23-2003, 6:11 AM Reply   
I also have mine just after the thru-hull fitting. Before the filter.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-23-2003, 6:34 AM Reply   
i did the same. works great and no worry on robbing the water from the engine either. does not pull enough.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-23-2003, 7:48 AM Reply   
t it right after the intake and use a reversible pump.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-23-2003, 8:06 AM Reply   
mine is tee'd after the filter because i ride in a hydrilla infested lake sometimes. reduced chance of pumping weeds and cross contaminating other lakes. no worries about there being a problem pushing the drained water thru the engine either. engine raw water pumps are very high capacity, and if anything it will help draining due to the Bernoulli principle.
Old    krug            04-23-2003, 7:36 PM Reply   
I just screwed a 1" 90 into my drain much easier. and you arent going to have to fix any hoses if you ever sell the boat.
Old    aaron_bell            04-24-2003, 12:17 PM Reply   
James,
What drain are you talking about? Could you explain your setup?
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-25-2003, 1:18 AM Reply   
The centre drain to let out any water from the bilge when its on a trailer I assume.
Old     (moonwaker)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-25-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
I did it on my boat works pretty good 15 minutes to fill to 350 pounders and 20 to drain
Here a pic
Center drain
Old     (moonwaker)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-25-2003, 9:17 AM Reply   
Got all the fittings at Lowe's The part that screws into the drain is around 5/8 just take your plug with you to match it up