Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (funkifized)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-13-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
So I will try and explain my voltage issues. I have a 91 Supra Sunsport with a 351 windsor motor. When ever I engage the motor from neutral into drive the voltage drops to zero then slowly works its way up to about 12 volts. The problem is this trips my perfect pass which beeps a couple of times and then resets everything in it. My gut is that the problem isnt the perfect pass but I could totally be wrong. Can anyone help diagnose my issue?? Many Thanks, D
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-13-2009, 8:08 PM Reply   
you might have a too low idle set, bump up the idle to the spec. Or maybe the belt is loose....thats all I got
Old     (funkifized)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-14-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
I will check those two out. thanks, Any other thoughts from the www?
Old     (mikeporter2000)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-14-2009, 8:25 AM Reply   
that is a problem with eletrical. The Perfect Pass only does that becuase the voltage is low. I low batter and that happened to me.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-14-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
I had the problem last year. Took me forever to figure out why PP was loosing speed, then try to catch up, and the beeps. I thought my wife was hitting the buttons and ripping my arms off. I figured out it was my 2000 watt stereo sucking up the battery juice. Until I get a 3rd battery I run with both batteries on. Every few weeks I have to throw the charger on.
I checked that the servo was spooling up when putting in neutral, the trottle cable wasn't be caught on something, and the settings on the PP unit itself wasn't too sensitive (look at the manual). If PP runs fine for a few outings, but only happens sometimes than probably low voltage. Run another battery. Doesn't matter if your only battery is an Optimal, somthing is spiking the voltage and PP either resets completely or tries to catch up to speed and rips your arms off.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-14-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
PP is very sensitive to low battery voltage. I had to reconnect all of my ground connections behind my dash because of the PP. I was surprised how bad all the conns. looked and how easy it was to go through and clean/reconnect them.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-14-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
I had this issue on my boat (07 centurion elite v) when I bought the stargazer last year. They sent me a new controller w/ "slower baud rate to the screen" and it solved most of this issue (still happens like 1/50 pulls). I will likely run a new ground to get things perfect.