Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bmcgee)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-07-2010, 9:00 PM Reply   
Me and my brother made a couple of Adirondack chairs for a charity auction and for my grandparents. They are pretty easy to make and we are thinking about trying to sell these to make a little money on the side. How much would you pay for a set of these. They're made out of solid maple and are pretty comfortable.
Attached Images

Old     (bullydog)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-08-2010, 7:18 AM Reply   
I've got a buddy that built some last summer and I think he put them up for sale for 80$. To be honest im not sure if he sold one or not.

If I bought one it would have to have the leg extention otherwise I just dont think there all that comfortable. I bet you could get 80-100 dollars for them.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-08-2010, 7:20 AM Reply   
I would agree. Around here most solid wood chairs sell between $80 and $140, but that is with the foot extension.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-08-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
How much do they cost to make? Based on the ~$80 guess here, maybe go a little lower than that to sweeten the deal. Maybe varnish them too, just to increase the value. The chairs look good though, well done.
Old     (bmcgee)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-08-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
Well, so much for that idea. Material alone is about 60-70 dollars a chair. That includes wood, screws, glue, and varnish. It takes about 3-4 hours to make one. I really wouldn't want to sell one for any less than 150 to make up for the cost of material and the time spent on them.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-08-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
Hard to beat that little guy in China working for $2 a hour. Mass production also makes it hard to compete.