Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (sdmjr)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-07-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
This question has been haunting me for quite some time now. Last year one of my friends was always talking about how fun wakeboarding was, He invited me out to go and I was hooked. I picked up my first board and bindings, Ronix Vault 144 and cabal bindings. This set up seemed good for me the price was right and it felt good on the water. After about a month though I broke the board, So I took it back to the dealer and they said either I could replace it with the same board or I could get one of there pro models for 20.00 more. I had the choice of the ONE, Covin, Or the IBEX. I thought this was a great deal I mean who could pass this up for 20.00. I picked the IBEX and I really like the board but I think it may be to advanced for my riding skill set. I am not very good, I can go wake to wake some times but I dont seem to get much pop, I usually just case the wake, or not make it over at all. this is getting old fast casing the wake sucks. I picked up a ROAM over the winter and took it out once. It was fun. The first time I tried to clear the wake I made it over and landed on the transition it felt very nice and smooth. My friend in the boat who has gone out with me every time says that I hit the wake better on this board than with my IBEX and I agreed with him. I tried the ibex over the weekend and it is the same old thing casing the other wake and not getting any pop. I really rode like Shiot and was not having the same amount of fun. So my question is can this board be to advanced and should I go out and buy another non pro model board? Sorry for the long drawn out story above I just wanted to give a complete description. thanks in advanced for any opinions.