Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-15-2011, 6:17 PM Reply   
Looks like a few early reviews of the Flyboy got buried in some of the 'still waiting for mine to show up' threads so I thought I'd take a minute (or 10) and talk about riding the new Inland Surfer Flyboy!

This board is SUPER light (5 lbs!) and so much fun to ride...it literally brings a smile to the face of whoever's riding it and you witness and feel instant progression! Whether you're just dropping the rope or a super slaysher, this board MUST be in your quiver! I've landed my biggest airs on it the first day I rode it (2 weeks ago) and the thing spins on a dime, even with 2 huge 5 degree fins & 2 smaller Thruster fins...if you fall back in the wave, you can pump and catch up so quick so it's the epitome of a hybrid surf/skim board!

It's a fighter jet on the water, and as opposed to riding with my weight forward & wider stance as I do with the Shred Stixx Custom Hazen, I find myself riding with all my weight back, like you would on a deep powder day on your snowboard (sorry skiers, you just wouldn't understand!). And with just a small shift of weight forward, you're rocketing towards the boat and can POP out of the wave with huge airs!

I wrote a ton more about the Flyboy review on my site, along with a video of the first ride (also posted on YouTube)

A little about me: I've been surfing for 4 seasons behind my 2006 Ski Supreme V220 (and you may have read my previous post under Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles about just pulling the trigger on a new Supreme V226!

I'm a decent rider and like to share my opinions on riding different boards since the sport is so new and there's so many types of boards out there...surf, skim & hybrid (which I consider something like the Flyboy to be). I also teach everyone how to surf myself whenever we have a new rider.

My quiver currently consists of a:
> 2011 Shred Stixx Custom Elevation (carbon rails & center stringer)
> 2010 Shred Stixx Custom Hazen
> 2011 Inland Surfer Mucus
> 2009 Inland Surfer Moss
> 2009 Inland Surfer Blue Lake

Happy to answer any questions!

Greg
Attached Images

Last edited by ReSession; 08-15-2011 at 6:18 PM. Reason: typo