Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-26-2009, 11:04 AM Reply   
Hey i'd like to start making some good video's. For MAC's what is some good video editing software besides iMovie.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-26-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
Final Cut Pro or Final Cut Express...

Thread over.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-26-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
You also have Adobe Premiere and all the Avid NLE's as well
Old    murrayair            09-26-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
Go with Final Cut Express. You don't need Pro unless you're getting into some really heavy duty editing. Plus Pro will run you $1200-1400, while express is only a $200 and has everything you'll need for most projects.

On the Adobe side, you can get Premiere Elements for around $100, which, like Final Cut Express, will have almost everything you'll need. The full version of Premiere runs $600-700 and is a great program, but has more that what most people will ever use.
Old     (elliemac)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-03-2009, 10:07 PM Reply   
We use Final Cut Pro in my Advanced Broadcast Journalism class, and it's amazing. I have Final Cut Express on my laptop at home and love that too, would get Pro if I could though...
Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-04-2009, 6:16 AM Reply   
How is the learning curve from iMovie to Final Cut Express. iMovie is the only thing I've ever used.
Old     (elliemac)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-04-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
I started out using iMovie and found the transition to Final Cut pretty smooth. All of the tools you would need to make a decent video are pretty straightforward, and I was able to teach myself to use all of the cool filters and such without encountering many problems.
Old     (fiveohfilms)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-04-2009, 6:29 PM Reply   
i use final cut express for all my videos. i have no problems with it. i went from iMovie to FCE 4 and it wasnt too bad of a transition at all. couple tutorials on you tube to get you started and you'll be fine. i have all my clips on fiveohfilms.wordpress.com check it out