Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (liquidforce12)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-17-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
im looking for a new board this season and looking for some reviews im coming off a watson im looking at the mana s4 dark core one and marek and any others any of yall think i should look at
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-17-2008, 6:06 PM Reply   
it all depends on your style of riding...i ride a covin and its my favorite board ive ever ridden, but my buddy thinks his watson is best..its all on personal preference.

Are you big into the flats or high wake to wake?

Flats i say check out the lyman, the byerly monarch, and the ronix bill board (the 09 that is most like the covin).

wake to wake i say the one, the s4, the marek.

I would definitely looks at slingshot too..i heard some good things about then even though i havent tried them myself..
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-17-2008, 6:30 PM Reply   
Is the Mana similar to the Premier?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-17-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
From what I've been told it is. It's supposed to have a slower more controlled cut, which would be what the premier was, at least from the 2 summer's i rode it.
Old     (jswake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-17-2008, 10:03 PM Reply   
you should def check out some slingshot boards. it almost feels like a snowboard when your out buttering in the flats. the landings are soft and they have pretty good pop. the boots are comfy as hell and you can heat mold them to fit your foot. there overall great boards
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-17-2008, 10:16 PM Reply   
Everyone has their preference and a reason for it. I am sold on the new Transcend, pretty quick with a great edge and a sweet little buck off the wake. My buddy rides a Watson and was shredding on my Transcend on the first set. Add it to your list.
Old     (liquidforce12)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-18-2008, 6:20 AM Reply   
I ride behind a 02 sante so I go w2w some but I cut and ride very agressive
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-18-2008, 6:49 AM Reply   
The Marek is made to go big. It's light, and has a very aggressive cut to the wake. Behind my buddy's XSTAR it was carrying everybody who tried it big and out to the flats. They all loved it. The Mana, if it's like Adam E said, can go fast when you want to push it, but the Marek is built to give you a more aggresssive cut to the wake every time.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-18-2008, 7:55 AM Reply   
I'd also add the Obrien Player and Natural to your list of consideration. You may also wanna hold off until the Decade is released.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-18-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
Monarch, that is if you liked the Watson. Similar style boards.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-18-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
i have the 08 lyman. and my dad has the 08 watson. the watson cuts harder then any other board ove ridden. its hard to slide it though. the lyman cuts pretty hard and its REALLY easy to slide. the watson also has way more pop then the lyman but the lyman has softer landings and is easy to land in the flats with. good luck!