Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-13-2007, 4:41 PM Reply   
Been working on these lately but can seem to find the landing. Easier to do into the flats? I've over rotated a couple and under rotated. do u need to land on edge?
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-13-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
While this isnt the correct forum here is some personal advice.

Progressive edge all the way through the wake. I am willing to be you are "hucking" them if your over-rotating. Keeping that handle in really tight to your body will give you a lot more control as well.

So in summary, progressive edge, no hucking (take those hips up), and handle in tight.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-14-2007, 7:12 AM Reply   
the biggest thing for me when i was learning then was throwing them too soon off the wake. WAIT. wait for the pop. after your off the top of the wake then initiate the rotation. this will give you plenty of time to complete the rotation and get back over your toes and ride away. giving yourself enuf time to get over your toes was the difficult part for me.

this trick also helped me figure out how to grab my inverts. it was difficult for me to figure out the pop THEN grab then the trick. good luck
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-14-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
you are probably hucking it or shutting your eyes. Usually you can see the wake right after the apex of the flip.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-14-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
Yah, I can vividly remember the first time I did'nt huck one. I can remember thinking "ohh, I am gonna get worked waiting for the pop, but hey, I gotta try it this way since thats what they all say". And it worked. I thought for sure I was going to get a wake face sandwich, lol.

Good Luck
Old     (halfcabpro)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-14-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
My only advice would be to edge as far up the wake as possible. I got into a habbit of hucking the flip early and not waiting for the pop. Also, try pulling it to revert. I know that the toeside roll to revert is a alot easier for alot of guys I ride with.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-14-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
throw it to revert, way easier, once you get the feeling then do it regular
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-14-2007, 10:19 AM Reply   
it doesnt matter if he throws it to revert or just a reg roll. you initiate both tricks the same way. with out the pop you can not spot your landing to land either one of them.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-14-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
I coudn't throw a reg. TS back for the life of me, but then throwing it to revert made it happen far easier, maybe it was just me and some mental block...but it helped a lot
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-14-2007, 10:59 AM Reply   
Ight thanks guys hopefully goin out today i'll let u know how it went