Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-08-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
My video cam is giving me periodic grief/errors when using the tape. I was wondering if anyone records to an SD card and if that is just as convenient? If so I wont have to replace the camcorder, they wont cover it under warantee, cuz it was dropped :-(
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-08-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
ruhroh!!! that sucks dropping a camera! what camera are you using? my camera (Canon Vixia HF100) only records to SD. I love it! AVCHD can be a little difficult to deal with. But as of right now its the easiest affordable solution to tapeless workflow. There are really cheap cameras that offer H264 encoding but I haven't seen one worthy of owning. Overall, IMO tapeless is the way to go!

-Nate
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-08-2009, 2:08 PM Reply   
Its a Samsung D363 from BestBuy
I'm used to dealing with the tape in a .wav format I think, I didnt realize the sd card would have a differnt format...out of my realm
Thanks
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-08-2009, 6:25 PM Reply   
actually....i don't think it would be .wav format. Thats an audio file.

Your camera captures mpeg4 which is a good standard and easily editable format....i'm not sure what your looking to do. but if your looking to edit you could easily use your footage....i'm not sure what your looking for as far as quality. You may want to look into a new camera and do a little research to find what you need and what you want to do. They are getting rather cheap these days.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-08-2009, 7:37 PM Reply   
Any camcorder that records to tape is not going to record to an SD card(at least not video)
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-09-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
hey rich...check out the one he has. it actually does from what i am reading. It's just low quality.

I wasn't absolutely sure until i read some of the reviews confirming this.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SC-D363-MiniDV-Camcorder-Optical/dp/B000E0DU4O
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-09-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
Good point, I should have said won't capture any "tape based" format like miniDV.