Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    robertt            05-03-2005, 6:06 AM Reply   
When you get out of the water, and its a little cold, what have you guys and gals found to be the best thing to throw on until you get back into the water.

I have heard of a chamois (spelling???) shirt, or a waterproof poncho of some kind...just something cool to throw on to keep the wind off.

Skyski has a "heated" blanket but I dont have a heater snorkel to put into it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old    leggester            05-03-2005, 6:24 AM Reply   
Something warm and something to block the wind.
Old    robertt            05-03-2005, 6:35 AM Reply   
Thanks....I am more looking for a specific product...I just cant seem to find what I am looking for which is a windproof type pullover or poncho type of deal.

Its cold on the boat right now...brrrrr
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       05-03-2005, 7:08 AM Reply   
Well, it depends on if the water is cold too. I wenet out this weekend and the water has to be around 45 degrees and when you get out, your fingers are well, you can't really feel your fingers. The guy I rode with brought a cooler of hot water along which helped out alot with our hands and feet. For the air I just throw on some sweats and a couple sweat shirts, a wool cap and maybe come gloves...it works for me fine.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-03-2005, 7:32 AM Reply   
Gore Tex Wind Stopper. REI has them.
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-03-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
We use a new type of polartec blanket. We got it at Lands End. It repels water and blocks the wind. That and some sweats and you will be toasty warm.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-03-2005, 8:48 AM Reply   
It's Called Marinac from www.landsend.com. I bought a jacket and it's AWESOME! I can't feel the wind on me at all but it still light enough not to make me too hot. We also bought a blanket made of the same material. Land's End will embroider your name (or your boat's name) on it too for only $5.00. It's a good product. I am very happy with it.

I also went down to the local Walmart/Target and bought polartech hats and gloves. I also bought some fleece slippers that cover your entire foot up to and over you ankles. That helps keep the tootsies warm. The only thing to remember is to get some with a hard sole so the bottom doesn't get wet, but not too hard so that you scuff your vinyl. Of course, fleece or polartec pants too.

This is a pic of Tate and I all warm and cozy on a rainy afternoon. I am wearing the Marinac jacket.