Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-16-2007, 10:20 AM Reply   
Come to find out the little yellow spots are mold, after removing the seat cushions I can see it like everywhere, I have never seen mold that is yellow, anyone have any good ideas to clean this, almost looks like it the yellow has stained the edges of the seat cushions, I will post a photo later of it.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-16-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
What color is the vinyl that it "stained"? Have you tried magic eraser?

I had soem permanent marker "stains" on the white vinly on my new boat, I tried everything...magic eraser, diluted bleach, acetone, hairspray, goo gone, 2 types of vinyl cleaner......then tried my fiance's face wash. dabbed the spots with a q-tip and set the seat in the sun for 30 min...the marks are totally gone. It is the 10% benzoyl peroxide that took it out.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-16-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
Ken,

After each time out, I open up the entire boat so that it will dry out: storage lockers, engine cover, seat cushions, driver's seat up, observer bench open, etc. This lets water that would otherwise stay & mold dry up and opens up all the storage areas for drying.

Works for me.
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-16-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
Andy,
Yeah I know, should of would of could of, but like a dumb ass I didnt, I am now, but the damage has been done
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-16-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
Andy,
Yeah I know, should of would of could of, but like a dumb ass I didnt, I am now, but the damage has been done
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-16-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
Hey a double up post, always wanted to try a double up
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-16-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
I had a bad mold problem and used Star Brite mold and mildew remover. Most marine stores Cary it also Walmart has been know to carry it. Take your boat to a do it yourself car wash scrub it down with Star Brite, and make sure you rinse everything. Chances are it's on your carpet so make sure you clean the carpet as well
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-16-2007, 8:18 PM Reply   
here is a photo, I never seen this color before, its like this in all the sides.

Upload
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-16-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
"After each time out, I open up the entire boat so that it will dry out:"

Me too. I wipe down the ledges were the cushions set and the edges of all the cushions.
Old     (dfred)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-18-2007, 7:38 AM Reply   
that is pollen from a tree, are you close to a crape myrtle? The little flowers will fall on the seats and stain them. sun is the best fix for that...