Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (texasbear08)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-23-2005, 3:16 PM Reply   
We just bought an 05 210 Super Air TE... this is my first wakeboard boat so i need some help with the amount and placement of the weight... it has the 3 ballast tanks... 2- 250's in the back and one 400 in the belly i think thats it.

The wake is great... but really hard to keep both sides from washing over... one side will be awesome and one white washing... we usually drive 22 mph, striaght obviously, and use a 75' rope. We always are telling people to move to this side or move to that side... and its really irritating!!!

I know i need weight in the front... but where??? and how much??? I know i am not using the full potential of this wake... so please help!!!!

Thanks
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-23-2005, 3:21 PM Reply   
well here is what my friend Alex puts in his 02 SANTE, not sure if this will help but you can ask him (pm njalex) or i am sure someone else can help..

Stock ballast+

1 400# in the bow
and a rectangular 500# in front of the back seat..

his wake is usually huge with that combo, only times we ever see it washing over on one side is without the 500# in the back..
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-23-2005, 3:22 PM Reply   
ps, nice pic for a boat!! you'll love it.. where's the pics?
Old     (texasbear08)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-23-2005, 3:28 PM Reply   
I dont have any good pics... i'll take some tomorrow tho!
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-23-2005, 3:31 PM Reply   
Our 02' usually has a soft wake on the driver's side. If you have some folks in the back of the boat, you can usually adjust. We also adjust by filling the extra ballast in the rear locker more on the driver side. On top of the stock, we run about 200-250 in each rear locker, and one one 400 in the bow. Wake is very nice at about 24-25 mph and 70-80 back.

I also want a fat brick I can put right behind the driver, and adjust as necessary. The San's are pretty sensitive to the side to side weighting.

A trick I learned is to cut out pretty hard and keep some tension when outside, this naturally draws the boat that way and stiffens the wake. When you cut in the wake you are hitting is clean and the opposite side is washy.
Old     (texasbear08)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-23-2005, 3:47 PM Reply   
Flux... What kind of sack do you put in the front... rectangle... or tirangle... do you put it on the seat or can you fit it on the floor?

(Message edited by texasbear08 on September 23, 2005)
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-23-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
We got a Launch pad 400 lb, it's rectangular and fits across right below the windshield. You kind of end up killing the bow as seating that way, but if you have a full boat you can put some people up there in it's place anyway. I like those new pro-X series, our Launch pad has a divider and is impossible to empty.

The trick with the SAN is to add as much to the lockers over the wedge tanks as you do to the bow. This keeps the boat balanced and it planes quicker. It also keeps the wake from going too vertical. CC did a very good job of balancing the boat with the stock tanks. The Center of Gravity of that boat is probably right in front of the rear seat.

Just watch the bow when you weight it down. When you turn back for a downed rider, swing pretty wide and do it slowly, get perpendicular to the huge rollers you just made and give it some gas when you go over them. Otherwise you will get a roller over the bow (It will happen anyway, I seem to do it once or twice a weekend).

The tendency for the drivers side wake to be soft is due to the prop rotation I think. Our Rear battery is also on the passenger side, so my heelside wake is usually softer (reg foot). You will have to counterbalance it. We found this out when my buddy and I were having problems with one side of the wake, his toe, my heel. I was getting great pop on my toeside and he could not ride toeside at all. I think a fat brick (150 lber) will help as you can move it around the boat and it makes a good foot rest.

Try boosting your speed a bit too, you will see the wake change as you increase and decrease. I ride at 70 ft and about 24.5 mph (speedo). Our PP is not calibrated, but i can tell when it's too slow/fast.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-23-2005, 4:06 PM Reply   
I weighted mine with a combination of lead and sacks. We usually ride with 3-4 people so on top of the stock ballast I put 250 lb sacks in the back lockers and 4 70lb lead bars in the front bow under the seat. I had a 5th lead bar we would move around to balance the weight side to side.
The nice thing about doing it this way is you don't have sack laying on the floor or in the bow.
If we had 5 or more people in the boat I would use factory ballast, 1 lead bar in each rear locker, 2 lead bars up front under the seat. and the 5th in the main area to balance the weight side to side.
23-24mph seamed to be the perfect speed.
Good luck.

(Message edited by tlb on September 23, 2005)
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-23-2005, 4:25 PM Reply   
it's kind of a sensitive boat side to side. We keep three fifty pound bags of lead in the cab to move around and balance it out, that way you don't have to keep people moving around. There really isn't any other solution. The overall weight of the boat won't change the side to side balance. You won't see the full potential of it until you really load it down. 2500+, then you got a monster.

(Message edited by sperbet on September 23, 2005)
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-23-2005, 6:44 PM Reply   
scott,

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old    bruky__            09-23-2005, 7:37 PM Reply   
You're all sissies.

550 across the bow, 800 next to the driver/up the walkthru, 550 across the rear seat, and fat buddies in the rear, and stock. I only had a driver when we tried it at Shasta a couple weeks ago, had to let a little out of the stock starboard tank.

Nice wake, and with the Excalibur it doesn't do too bad getting on plane. Wake is tall, solid, and maintains stock-ballast shape, maybe a tad rampier. I used to run a 550 on the cockpit floor before I got the 800 in the walkthru, and I ran another 550(not quite filled) in the walkthru. I think the 800 takes that unnecessary lip that the wake doesn't even have in stock form.

(Message edited by Bruky__ on September 23, 2005)
Old     (okwakebdr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-24-2005, 12:14 PM Reply   
I have the same boat '05 210 TE. Your wake washing is caused by boat speed and/or weighting in the boat. Because of the rotation of the prop, you have to put additional weight on the starboard side. Also - remember that the bow walk-through is NOT in the middle of the boat, so if you put any weight in there, you will have to compensate for that.