Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Maddog10)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-20-2011, 5:22 PM Reply   
I just ordered a 3/2 Rip Curl Dawn Patrol wetsuit that I plan to use this spring and fall in 65+ degree water temps. I picked it up for $94 dollars shipped, which seemed like a good deal? Just wondering how you guys felt about this suit and if you would recommend it? Here's a link to the suit.

http://www.ripcurl.com/index.php?id=698,4287,0,0,1,0
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-20-2011, 5:24 PM Reply   
65+ degree water is board shorts water with maybe a need for a heater shirt. That's a pretty thick wet suit for those temps
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-20-2011, 5:29 PM Reply   
Regardless, that's a rippin' price! Where? So I can get one.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-20-2011, 5:30 PM Reply   
smokin deal for sure. waaay too warm for those water temps though. kudos on the deal though!
Old     (Maddog10)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-20-2011, 5:37 PM Reply   
Dude I am a bigtime sissy when it comes to cold water. I can't stand to be cold. I usually don't get into the water until it reaches the 80's. Sometimes high 70's but I can't stay for long. I don't know why but I am just programmed to hate the cold. I started to just get the spring suit but I could get the full for the same price so I went for it.
Old     (Maddog10)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-20-2011, 5:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottog1979 View Post
Regardless, that's a rippin' price! Where? So I can get one.
I got it off of Amazon. I kind of just lucked into a deal and they had the size and color I wanted for $94. They actually have a black in the Medium Tall on there for $77. You just have to pick your size and then look through the prices on each color because sometimes they vary on each one. Most are $110 though.

http://www.amazon.com/Rip-Curl-Patro...3346364&sr=8-8
Old     (HuYuFuLin)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-20-2011, 8:02 PM Reply   
Are going to wear board shorts over that?
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-20-2011, 8:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog10 View Post
Dude I am a bigtime sissy when it comes to cold water. I can't stand to be cold. I usually don't get into the water until it reaches the 80's. Sometimes high 70's but I can't stay for long. I don't know why but I am just programmed to hate the cold. I started to just get the spring suit but I could get the full for the same price so I went for it.
Our lake never gets above 75-76, so you'd be screwed here. That is a good price though
Old     (Maddog10)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-20-2011, 8:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuYuFuLin View Post
Are going to wear board shorts over that?
Planned on it, just to kind of break up some of the black... Why?

I say 65+, but that's just because this year our lake is already at 65. If I get my suit in and am really comfortable at that temp, I will wear it to lower temperatures this fall until I start to get cold. Then I will also know what temp I can break it out at next spring. Most charts I have seen show a 3/2 suit to be 60+.
Old     (HuYuFuLin)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-20-2011, 9:03 PM Reply   
there's a pole
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1204086982
Old     (Maddog10)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-20-2011, 9:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuYuFuLin View Post
Ah, gotcha.... That thread is pretty funny. I laughed out loud when the guy said "junk gazing." Haha
Old     (Maddog10)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-22-2011, 10:55 PM Reply   
Wow... Suit just showed up today and it's way more than I expected for that price. First of all, it looks way better than it did in the pictures IMO. Most importantly though, this thing seems to be REALLY well built just $94. The sizing charts were spot on, the thing fits like a glove. I can't wait to get it out in the water and test it there but so far I am 100% pleased with my purchase. I was a little nervous after pulling the trigger so quick on it, but now I'm really glad I did. I'll give a better review after I test it out in the water, but so far so good.