Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (philwsailz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-23-2009, 7:50 AM Reply   
Rock On Darrin!!!
Glad to know no hard feelings; thanks for keeping this thread alive, (?????) :-)
Let us know the results!

Phil
Kicker
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-23-2009, 9:00 AM Reply   
I re-powered my KMT6's this weekend. I have around 100 watts going to them now from a better amplifier as opposed to the 75 watts from a cheap amplifier. Much cleaner and louder. Still very pleased with them, next up is some type of volume control as my head unit is hard to get to.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-24-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
Giving Credit where credit is due.. Phil and his Kicker team not only come through with great products that make your weekends on the boat that much more enjoyable.. they stand behind their product as well.. Thanks Phil! You guys run a great company up there!
Old     (philwsailz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-24-2009, 2:43 PM Reply   
Isaac-
Thank you for the support and kind words!
( and for growing this thread! :-) )

Phil
Kicker
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-24-2009, 2:47 PM Reply   
I agree.... Phil.... IS THE MAN :-)

You did a great job designing great looking marine products. I'm thankful to have a supplier such as Phil.

Sean
H2O Pro Accessories
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-24-2009, 3:33 PM Reply   
Now we just need 8 or even 10 inch versions!
Old     (ncsumalibu)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-25-2009, 6:30 AM Reply   
Phil,

I sent you a pm about subwoofer recommendations and I look forward to your suggestions. Thanks for the help the KMT6's are rocking.
Old     (beachshack)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-29-2009, 11:50 AM Reply   
I recently installed the KMT6 speakers with a new clarion deck and a zx 450.2 amp as recommended. However, when I plugged the amp the fuses on the amp and my stereo blew out. i checked my connections on the speakers, I tested the (+)and (-)terminals and they were fine. My old amp worked and I plugged my friend's phoenix gold and this worked s well. The ground and the (+) terminal are coming directly off of the battery, is this a problem. It is hard to ground the amp within 2 ft. I was experimenting in grounding to engine block but the fuses blew as well. Any recommendation, is this an issue with the amp? What else can I do?
Old     (drewlak)      Join Date: May 2009       07-08-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
Folks,
With Phil's help I got my Kicker system going. The MX700.5 powering four kicker cabin speakers, a kicker sub box, and the two KMT6s. ITS RIDICULOUS. The guys at the marina said this is the best sounding system they've installed. I can't imagine needing more power...

Thanks Phil!!!
Old     (philwsailz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-08-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   

Phil
Kicker
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-08-2009, 3:13 PM Reply   
Heh, I gave up on getting my old-school PG amp to work and just ordered the zx450.2. I will use the PG for the cabin speakers............
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-08-2009, 5:22 PM Reply   
Tracktor,

Your post made me realize that this thread has been running active since January, WOW!!!!

You will be very pleased with that setup,let us know how it comes out.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-11-2009, 5:23 PM Reply   
How do these speakers compare to say 4 6x9's? I used to have 4 6x9's getting 125RMS to each. They sounded great in the boat, great surfing, but left me wanting a lot more while boarding. Does anyone with real world experience with bothsetups have an opinion? I am trying to determine if I should continue to save up for Wetsounds, NVS, or Bullet, or get one of these cheaper setups in the mean time.}
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-12-2009, 7:20 AM Reply   
Patrick, I am no kicker rep and have no affiliation with Kicker other than a satisfied customer. I had a wetbox with 4 polk DB690 6x9s in the box that I could "recognize" the music but not no so much "hear" the music.

me and my entire crew I ride with always compliment how much more fun it is to ride with music..said they just dont want to stop riding.

IMO they are louder and clearer than 4 6x9s
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-12-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
Thanks Isaac! That's good to know.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-28-2009, 10:31 AM Reply   
So I picked up a blown KTM6 speaker pod, and I am looking to hook up a third pod. I want the look and the bass of the third speaker. I was thinking I could just add km625's mids to the pod and I wouldn't hook up the tweeter. How could I wire this? I mainly wakesurf and a little more bass-midrange would be sweet? I have a kicker 450.2. Could I wire a single 6.5 speaker in series off each fully working pod? So each speaker in the blown pod would be wired in series off each working pod? Or? Any ideas? I have plenty of treble, so I don't need the third to have treble.
Old     (philwsailz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-28-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
Ahhh Duffy-

You caught me in morning meetings this morning.

Sorry, I need to respond to your e-mail.

If we find a way to kit-bash that third enclosure, we would probably want to add an amp to the third enclosure, so we could adjust for level and tonal balance electronically.

Let me get back to you on your e-mail, and we can proceed with some tests, then post our results here for those curious.

Just know guys, Duffy is going down a path on this that will void a warranty for that third pod he is going to "hoit-rod", so if he ends up with something super, know that duplicating his efforts are totally at your own risk and expense...
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-28-2009, 2:01 PM Reply   
This is going to be a fun experiment!
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-28-2009, 7:20 PM Reply   
Exile has launched a new Tower Speaker. We have had their amps, subs, and cabin speakers for the last couple of years and the performance is great and at reasonable prices.

http://www.pdxwakesnow.com/viewtopic.php?t=1222

http://www.exileaudio.com/products/speaker...x.php?model=xm7

http://www.exileaudio.com/downloads/exilelit709.pdf
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-12-2009, 10:03 AM Reply   
I ended up making my tower subs. I took a Ktm6 pob and removed the 6.5 inch speakers and install kicker CVT6.5 2ohm. Then I bought a kicker 400.1 mono amp and wired the two speakers in series. The subs fit pretty well in the enclosures and only needed to have the holes drilled. The sound is amazing at surfing lengths! It's like a concert at 15 feet. I couldn't be happier! Here are some pictures. Thanks phil for all the help, it was a fun project. Does anyone have some kicker 1-7/8th tower inserts laying around? Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-12-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
Are the subs playing the mids or the bass. I almost like the way they look with the silver better. Nicely done.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-12-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
I have them playing just bass. The two ktm6's have plenty of mid- treb. It's nice and full, the subs aren't overpowering at all. Totally a fun project!