Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       07-21-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   

Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       07-21-2005, 9:11 AM Reply   

Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-21-2005, 9:19 AM Reply   
Sweet pictures man!!!
Old    wakemark            07-21-2005, 9:37 AM Reply   
thanks!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-21-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
Time for Murray to give up on the comb over and cut that hair.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-21-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
Good to see him back, but that fool needs to quit biting my style.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-21-2005, 11:09 AM Reply   
Good to see he's riding hard again - game face even. Thanks for posting.

That wake looks huge one that one landing pic and nice Hoochie pic or OHH or whatever you nit pickers want to call it.
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       07-21-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
Is that the CTI 2 Brace he is wearing?

McFly
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       07-21-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
Looks like he's using a new handle from accurate???
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       07-21-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
Yes he was using the new handle. It is sweet.
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       07-21-2005, 11:32 AM Reply   
What was so sweet about it?
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       07-21-2005, 11:35 AM Reply   
The grip is super soft and the grooves for your fingers fit perfectly
Old    robertt            07-21-2005, 11:37 AM Reply   
Tim, where was that? It must have been a all around pro weekend/week here for some reason. I heard that he was in town...what was the event?
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       07-21-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
It was his Backyard Tour. I mentioned it to you a few weeks ago....I think.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-21-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
nice pics. doesn't look like he missed a step.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-21-2005, 12:26 PM Reply   
It's probably the new Recon handle. They have a big ad for it on the inside of the new Alliance. It's a carbon handle, but it looks like they've severely reduced the size of the triangle so there is less of a possibility of getting limbs or your head caught in it. It's also got padding around the carbon fiber to reduce dings and chips. Neat looking handle.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-21-2005, 12:56 PM Reply   
was that in janesville wisconsin? i wanted to go to that but was at midwestwakefest instead, ruck was here the following tuesday, and i missed it all due to a broken rib at wakefest....I have a pic of my buddy riding murrays board that day.
www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-21-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
yo mike....
that sure looks like the river don't it! I rode on the boat with a guy that rode with him that day... that is the cti2 brace he is wearing...seemed small compared to my Breg brace but was heavier.

Shawn was a great guy to hang, he even called a mutual buddy of my friends on his cell phone and handed him the phone...

Nunn was there as well and was as equally cool!
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       07-21-2005, 3:05 PM Reply   
It was on the Missouri is St. Peters, MO
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-21-2005, 3:53 PM Reply   
I don't like the new graphics? Is it just me? Curious to see What Hyperlite is coming out with for 06.
Old    martini            07-21-2005, 4:24 PM Reply   
i agree...i don't really like those graphics either steve

CTI makes the best braces on the market period! don't fool yourself with anything else!

the wake looked good was that the 226?

and i don't agree that those shots are good...and i'd bet "mr. i should just shave my head murray" would agree!

i will say it's good to see he's back out riding!
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-25-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
I like some of the 05 graphics....my wife now rides the 138 DNA and the metal flake is really cool. It compliments a great riding board. I have seen what he was looking at for 06, and I thought it was cool. New "shape" for 06 as well which may make me upgrade later this season when they finally release them.

The handle was in the works back in April. Anyone know if it's on sale yet? It was much more comfortable that any other I have used so far.

Eric
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-25-2005, 8:49 AM Reply   
Dave it is not the new Recon it has the same style as the temet/murray but with a different grip. It is pretty cool and a very comfortable feeling handle. I got to ride with Gerry and Shaun on Sat. during another backyard tour stop.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-25-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
Check out Patrickhertel.com for some more murray riding pics in George Winter. There is a couple of sweet shots of his railey over a rider and a Osmosis 5.

http://www.patrickhertel.com/Murray_071905/071905.html
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-25-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
Haha that is funny. There is one picture above where you can see the graphic, kinda. You guys are so quick to jump on the negative bandwagon. How about tha fact that the best wakeboarder is ripping again!! Not the best rider but the best person/ambassador of this sport is out doing what he loves. Thank you Shaun for being an awesome guy and making the sport what it is today.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-25-2005, 10:27 AM Reply   
That raley sequence is just awesome and that ollie off the startup is pretty sweet too.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-25-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
Pete,

That wake is from the 05 Malibu Wakesetter LSV. Shaun used his 226 the day before on the Meramec. Those are seen on Patrick's website.
Old    martini            07-25-2005, 12:12 PM Reply   
thank you for the wake info. Ronia! wake looks real good and fun!

Murry's all right i guess...i don't think he is the end all when it comes to wakeboarding...just my opinion!

the photos are pretty good...but the timming is off somewhat...the person behind the camera never said they were a pro...so i should not have commented...
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-25-2005, 12:18 PM Reply   
As Jefe suggested, check out these pics of the day before.

http://www.patrickhertel.com/Murray_071905/071905.html
Old    martini            07-25-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
thanks! i'm really interested in the wake? how much weight was in the boat? do you have any shots of the wake?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-25-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
Wonder if Parks knows that Murray is wearing his shorts again?
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       07-25-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
Pete,

you are correct, I am no professional when it comes to the camera....
Old    martini            07-25-2005, 2:06 PM Reply   
Tim,

i like your attitude! it's a breathe of fresh air on this site...i should take some of my own advice and shut up...your photo's are better than most! keep it up...maybe we will see some of your images in a mag someday

pork chops_ he also wore them two days in a row...which is like paks...except parks goes more like a season in the same shorts...
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-25-2005, 9:37 PM Reply   
here is a video from the Bull Shoals stop on Sat the 23rd. It is the first video I have made so go easy.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=16341
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-25-2005, 9:52 PM Reply   
After reading the last BYT update i thought he may be out again but its good to see him out there again!
I currently have a CTI2 as well but it seems like there are alot of riders (danny, shane, keith) using that EBI brace for some reason. I wounder what the difference is
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-26-2005, 4:44 AM Reply   
Damn, Murray is riding damn good, considering the knee injury, last year. Has anyone heard if he's back to a full recovery yet?

-Blake
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-26-2005, 9:18 AM Reply   
All the pics and the vid sure makes it look like he's recovered. You have to love his style and attitude. It always seems like he's having fun and the vibe is always positive.

Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-26-2005, 9:49 AM Reply   
I did not even inlcude the fun stuff that he did on video. His riding style showed how much fun he had riding. From the way shaun was talking he is still not 100% but he sure rode like he was. He still said he had some soreness in the knee and had to do a lot of stretching before going out. All in all he is a great example in the sport.
Old    martini            07-26-2005, 9:55 AM Reply   
cti2 is the best brace going!EBI is not the same...the technology and custom fit make CTI2 the only real choice! they are worth every penny!
Old    martini            07-26-2005, 10:07 AM Reply   
Chris-
good job on the vid...i thought gerry's riding was excellent...IMO better than shaun...
Old     (phertel)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-26-2005, 3:00 PM Reply   
Great work to you guys on the Posted Pics and Video. Cool to see murray free-riding rather than a full on set up photoshoot. You can tell he's having a blast on the water. On the 19th in St. Louis, I got to hang in the 226, and watch in amazement when he rides.

saying Pics aren't good?!!! (pics that someone lugged their camera onto a boat, snapped away, and posted up here for us to see) ignorant!!!

If anyone has ever tried to take pics of wakeboarding, you know it's difficult. Coordinating Time, light, boat, rider, trick, grab, look - takes a ton of practice and patience. Throw a top level pro rider in the mix, and it is straight-up intimidating. (I missed a shot of Murray doing an ollie backside 3 over a tree branch, a huge batwing, and a ton of other tricks - because I was just staring)

It would be really cool to see some constructive comments on this post. (Hey Tim - the pics - do you have more somewhere? I'd like to check them out.) Otherwise, saying anything sucks (pics or equip or rider) is ignorant. (your roll to revert sucks-you're never gonna land it) Who benefits?

After attempting some pics of riding, I know it's not easy(or cheap), but my friends really dig the shots, and that keeps me at it.

I'm done ranting. Heading out to ride. I hope everyone else can do the same. And, if you're lucky, hopefully someone will get some pics that you can look at when you're 80.(with your new hips, new knees, and arthritis in your elbows)

(Message edited by phertel on July 26, 2005)
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-26-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
If it's Gerry's boat, I have been in it with about 5K in ballast. Lead everywhere in the seats and fat sacs gallore. Huge wake.

Shaun is far and away one of the best ambassadors for the sport...as is his partner Travis. Never anything negative to say about anybody...ever.

In a day where wakeboarders are being placed in a category where they are being banned...I agree that the negativity is over the top. They just banned "wake enhancing devices" on my lake becuase one guy was tired of the waves in his cove. I have been out there and the waves in his cove are always there, usually worse in the middle of the day when no boarders are out, and I am certain the "punk" reputation some of us exude is the real reason.

Good luck with that.

Eric
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       07-26-2005, 4:02 PM Reply   
Patrick, yes I do but those are the best ones.
Old    martini            07-28-2005, 2:31 PM Reply   
OK! here we go!

it was constructive patrick.. did you read what i wrote!i always say in my opinion and yes, i have done the photo thing and i know how hard it is! i have been involved/worked (as in got paid) with two wakeboard magazines in my time and even had a shot in WBM back in '98!

i still work in publishing for a leading magazine in another action sport...and i still anounce professionally(x games/pro tour) and some amature events in my local community for the sport of wakeboarding...

i realized after i posted my thoughts that i might have been harsh so i revised my statement!

the thing is...(IN MY OPINION!)that this sport all ready has a very bad rep as it is with other board sports! so i'm very protective of portraying the sport in the right light! solid images are a big part of that...(have you ever heard comments like Wackboarding and waterblade)

i realize this is not a magazine or video, it's a message board for the comminity of the sport, so in a sense you are correct,i need to take off my hat for all of you who take the time to post pics and vids for all of us reading the posts...but i stand firmly behind my opinion! you have to stand for something or you fall for anything!

i can't wait to see who is the first to cut and paste my comments...any takers!!!!
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       07-29-2005, 10:36 AM Reply   
Pete,
How do my pics (or bad pics) give the sport a bad rep?
Old    robertt            07-29-2005, 10:36 AM Reply   
Ok, I will....:-)

I think your grammar is very poor. "i" should be capitalized.

I still am forced to write now and then as part of my profession, therefore I am a professional writer. My resume is impressive as it pertains to writing, so I therefore have the standing to belittle your clearly substandard use of the written word.

This sport has a poor reputation as it is, many feel that wakeboarders are "punk" kids that cannot capitalize letter properly. I am very protective of our sport, and therefore feel that it is my right and responsibility to call out the improper use of our language to protect our great name.

In the unlikely event you cannot see the dripping sarcasm in my post above, please visualize it now:-)

Tim, great pics and thanks for sharing them.

Old    socalgrl79            07-29-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
Robert,

Hahahahaha! You're my hero!

-Amy
Old    robertt            07-29-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
Amy,

I know:-)
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-29-2005, 2:42 PM Reply   
Robert T,

Nice. Thanks for the post, that summed up my thoughts

Patrick, I cant believe that you have the audacity to post a negative comment about his pictures TWICE? Dude get real, he's not publishing them in WB magazine...reality check, its a FORUM.

Tim, it must have been a blast to watch Shaun ride, his attitude and personality is the best in our sport.

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on July 29, 2005)

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on July 29, 2005)
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-29-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
Does anyone happen to have the video of the slider crash? It's awesome that Shaun's already back out and tearin' it up, thanks for the pics!
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-29-2005, 5:33 PM Reply   
does anyone know how Shaun Murray hurt his knee and what was the extent of the damage?
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-30-2005, 6:57 AM Reply   
Alain
The knee injury was done last year on a wakeskate (jumping the wake).
He tore everything there is to tear in the knee and had a lengthy operation to replace (as in cadaver) and repair anything connected there: ACL - MCL - PCL - BLT and miniscus.
He had months of therapy and still doesn't have the full range of motion after 13 months. But he's working on it. I haven't seen him ride in months (he's on the road), so those who have seen him ride in the past few months can be a better judge of how he's riding.

Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-30-2005, 8:59 PM Reply   
Lloyd, thank you for the info. Wow, that's some extensive damage.. How the heck did he manage that on a wakeskate, did his knee just buckle on landing or something? I'm always curious how riders hurt what; guess in hopeless search of patterns that might keep myself and others from repeating the same fate...
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-30-2005, 9:01 PM Reply   
Do hope he recovers completely and soon cause he seems like a great guy and someone really good for the sport....
Old    martini            08-01-2005, 12:42 PM Reply   
Patrick- true,i'm lazy when it comes to grammer...thank you for the heads up! i'll work on it...and i'm certian you would have loved my post if the grammer was better. i can't believe how strong you write, your grammer just rocks! So deep man...i'm in awe

hopefully we will see eachother out sometime, so we can discuss grammer and puntuation...maybe even alittle math for good measure! spelling would be in order for me, so please put me down for your spelling clinic next time your in cali!i would love to sit down over a nice bottle of whine,candle light, you know... let our hair down, and get to know eachother better...
xoxoxo

Tim-you didn't, forget about it...as i said before this is a message board...if you guys think those photos are a solid than there are solid...enjoy them!thanks for posting them...

Old    robertt            08-01-2005, 1:28 PM Reply   
Pete...

I think it was I that whipped you S&%^ for your grammer, not Patrick. It was a joke, that I guess you missed. Like a few others, I just thought it was rude to say something negative for no apparant reason. I was being sarcastic...giving you crap....joking...you know?

Somehow you took it wrong, and now you want a date. I dont dig dudes, at all. Sorry.

I will be more careful in the future, my mistake I guess....my intentions must not be clear

Old    socalgrl79            08-01-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
GrammAr...
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-01-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
punctuation
Old    robertt            08-01-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   

hahaha
Old    martini            08-01-2005, 5:21 PM Reply   
Robert-it's all fun and games man...i'm not losing any sleep and i'm sure your not either, you missed my jokes as well...i must be to old for you! it's cool your secret is safe with me!

i didn't realize grammar and puntuation are such sensetive subjects.

i still don't think you read all my posts start to finish and i'm not sure why you are so attached to those photos...negative to me would have been more like "those photos suck"

socalgirl-you should change your name to 2 cents!

Ronia-thanks for the spell check! when do you start your next clinic?
Old    socalgrl79            08-01-2005, 5:27 PM Reply   
Pete,

It worked didn't it? I see you spelled "grammar" correctly! :-)

-Amy
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-01-2005, 5:31 PM Reply   
you'RE

Man, this thread needs some Engrish 1301.
Old    martini            08-01-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
Amy-yes it did! well done...you made me think about it.
Old    martini            08-01-2005, 5:37 PM Reply   
Stanfield- ok! ok! Oden's Raven! you people are crazy with the grammar!
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       08-01-2005, 7:53 PM Reply   
Alain
**How the heck did he manage that on a wakeskate, did his knee just buckle on landing or something?**
He was just jumping the wake (wakeskate) and whe he landed, his right foot went off (or missed) the board on the landing and his left leg (damaged one) stayed on. He likened it to stepping off a treadmill with one foot on and one off.

Pete
A "bottle of whine"?? Hmmm. I didn't know you could bottle that..... jk

Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       08-02-2005, 7:55 AM Reply   
This thread has gone in the wrong direction.
Old    martini            08-02-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
Tim-yep it has...sorry man! i realize you didn't ask for this and you just wanted to share a fun day on the lake with all of us wakeworld dorks.after all, that is what it's all about!

Lloyd-thanks! i could sure use your help with humor and "how to post without offending"

everyone else-sorry i clicked on this thread!when i read it, it got my attention...i admit, i don't have the same opinion as the rest of you in regards to shawn. My reasons are personal. I should not have let that get in the way...well done everyone, good jod defending and protecting...