Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-01-2009, 6:52 AM Reply   
What can you tell me about Douglas Lake? Where to ride? stay? eat?

Thanks.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-01-2009, 7:21 AM Reply   
Jon,
Douglas is an awesome lake and with so few boats on the water you can ride just about anywhere. I was there on Memorial Day weekend a couple years ago and all we saw were pontoons, fishing boats and a few runabouts. No big cruisers to muck up the water.

I stayed at my friends parents house right on the lake so I'm not much help there.

How is the riding on Green River? My family is having a campout thing at Lake Malone July 17th so I'm thinking about towing the boat over. Anything I should know about Lake Malone before I drag it over there?
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-01-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
Adam R,

I think we emailed a little last year, I believe I went to school with your wife. Lake Malone has a 21.5' length and 150 HP limit. I have put my boat in a few times and never got a ticket, but thought you should know. Lake Malone is OK for wake boarding during the week, but is not the place to try and do it on the weekend. The ski area is too small and there is a lot of tube traffic. If you just want to go out on the lake and have a good time in the boat or swimming it is great though.

The closest ramp for the Green River would be in Central City. There is no dock however so getting in and out is a little tricky. Livermore would be the next closest, they have two ramps. I have not been there yet this year, but at least one of them should have a dock.

Green River is usually some of the best water you will ever find. Almost always glass or small ripples at the most. However, with the weather we have had this year there has been quite a bit of debris. I went out on it last Saturday and as long as you paid attention to where you were going it was fine. We have had no major storms since then so it should be all clear.

If you don't want to pull you boat up here, email me and I'll give you a pull. I can always use some more ballast.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-02-2009, 5:56 AM Reply   
Anyone else?
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-15-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
Any places to demo wakeboards on the lake?
Old     (easttnrider)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-15-2009, 9:21 PM Reply   
I ride on the upper end of the lake and I dont know of any shops that are on the lake
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-15-2009, 9:39 PM Reply   
Only thing I know about Douglas is that a few of my friends have beached boats there due to only slightly submerged sandbars. Water is up this year so shouldn't be a problem but I'd talk to a regular on the lake about it before going.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-16-2009, 5:12 AM Reply   
Not too wild about beaching my boat. I hope that is not a problem.

I am wanting to give surfing a try and wanted to demo some boards. Guess I'll have to make other plans.

(Message edited by Hunter660 on July 16, 2009)
Old     (easttnrider)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-16-2009, 9:43 AM Reply   
all of the sandbars are 7-8 ft under water this year and the couple that i knew about are marked with a buoy now