Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    carbontower            10-08-2004, 5:50 PM Reply   
Just a comment regarding the awesome Carbon Fiber Tower for Malibu. It is manufactured by Comp Products ( carbon fiber tecnology) CFT. The clean unit is called the Blade, not the Illusion. You can order it through your local dealed or the factory. It is defenitly the latest in high tech manufacturing. Again it's the Blade!!
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-08-2004, 6:10 PM Reply   
Again, it's SPAM!
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-08-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
Not sure about the spam but I saw the Blade on the VLX at Worlds it was sick. Everything is molded in.
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-08-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
Is there a web site for CFT?
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-08-2004, 7:27 PM Reply   
yeah do you have any pics of tower?
Old    sk8joe01            10-09-2004, 8:30 AM Reply   
zach, http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/GetImage.asp?GalleryID=222&ImageID=3

the next three pics are of the tower as well
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-09-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
Kind of pricy, after spending 52k on a boat what's a few more 1000$s

Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-09-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
Yeah, they are a $2500 upgrade, but they won't be available till the middle of next year.
Old    210n            10-09-2004, 12:21 PM Reply   
they should call it the bat cave
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-09-2004, 4:50 PM Reply   
this is really nice and clean looking... I really liked the illusion tower design, now this is crazy... I only hope that they are made of only one piece of carbon fiber and not many of them glued to one another... if not, it might start squeaking pretty fast... the illusion tower of the VLX I was riding in this summer made some scary noise sometimes... hope this doesn't happen with this one...
Old    howie            10-09-2004, 9:01 PM Reply   
I wonder if it is all carbonfiber or some bs fiberglass with one ply cheap 1k plain weave graphite with some cheap low temp resin to look cool. Would be nice to see some real stuff on the market.
Old    wakeboarder408            10-09-2004, 9:40 PM Reply   
How weird #2, do you work for some advance composite company or something? WTF are you talking about? We're wakeboarders, not a bunch of composite geeks.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-10-2004, 6:46 AM Reply   
I know extaclly what #2 is talking about, although after thinking about it over night, I would think a fiberglass tower would flew too much. If you have ever used a powerbuffer on the side you your boat you will understand what I am talking about. If it is 100% carbon fiber I think it would have flex as well, the advantage of carbon fiber is it's axial strength not it's shear strength, but I have not dealt with carbon fiber that much, my guess is they have a smaller tube running inside, but that is just a guess.
Old    howie            10-10-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
Mark
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-10-2004, 1:54 PM Reply   
i think the real point is why would you pay 2500 More for something that has no better form or function then its earlier design IE Metal...I think id rather have the weight of the SS or Aluminu, towers since most of us are finding more and more ways to add more weight to the boat already.A lighter tower with possibility of more flex and possible failure would not make sense,at least not to me..

Ill keep my old stock tower and use my money for gear and gas,thank you..

:-)
Old    i_luvh2o            10-10-2004, 8:29 PM Reply   
THIS TOWER IS AWESOME. IT IS A HUGE STEP UP FROM THE OLD ALUMINUM TOWERS. AND THE MOLDED IN SPEAKERS REALLY FINISH IT OFF. I SAW THIS TOWER ON FORTH OF JULY AT LAKE DON PEDRO...IT'S SICK!!!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-10-2004, 8:52 PM Reply   
Doesnt carbon fiber crack easily? Like the carbon fiber handles that always crack. So if someone hit it just right with a wakeboard, it might crack? Im just asking because I dont know. I dont see the point in the carbon fiber except maybe it looks nicer...but I want a heavier tower because that means bigger wake (every 100lbs matters if you are a weight whore like me).

Also on another note, the molded in speakers is a bad idea because people want options. And you cant really add any more speakers. I know a lot of people want to have like 10 speakers, this limits the possibilities.

Also, one more thing for all the rednecks to stare at and wonder 'what the hell is that there thing.'
Old    whitechocolate            10-10-2004, 9:07 PM Reply   
I think a composite tower is a cool idea. Im suprised we had not seen them sooner. I would bet that this is not the last of the composite tower's, and I hope to see more, I like the speaker box. IMO its way better than most any add on speaker's you could buy.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-10-2004, 9:20 PM Reply   
Hmmmm, Jamie's (i_luvh2o) first post (and only) and it's in red supporting a new product. Coincidence???
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-10-2004, 9:23 PM Reply   
I doubt you saw it on july....news of the 2005 vlx were released on July 14th.
Old    howie            10-10-2004, 9:41 PM Reply   
IMO looks cool but limits options, I just wonder on how it is built. See alot of things out on the market for looks and not made well other products exp. handles Just my 2 cents
Old    whitechocolate            10-11-2004, 8:45 AM Reply   
How weird : Good point about the Carbon handles, They turned out to not so good I guess that what you get when you make Carbon Fiber in China. I dont think this tower is made in mass production for cheep like thoes handles were so I hope it would be much better
Old    jw408            10-12-2004, 9:12 PM Reply   
WOW!!! what a crazy looking tower. Ive never seen anything like this tower before the speakers just fit right in the tower so you don't have to go buy speaker box's thats a plus.Ive heard carbon fiber is stronger than metal so it must be reliable,stiff and strong. from the looks of the pictures the tower looks well manufactured. i can't see any fiber distortions (cant really get a good look) no bridging of the material between what looks like a gel coat? and the material, no voids, or any pockets of air in the laminate. Composites are a well thought out process and look like to me some guys have there heads on straight keep up the good work cant wait the try it out.

Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2004, 9:55 PM Reply   
so lemme get this straight...

the ILLUSION X tower has no built in speakers.

the BLADE is a $2500 option, and has built in speakers and lights and what looks like a super neato carbon fiber finish. maybe it wont chip off like it does on hype bindings?

rson- she probably saw an illusion x tower on an lsv with a tower box of some sort...
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-12-2004, 11:10 PM Reply   
Heh, after Bill J points out Jamie's (i_luvh2o) first and only post arrantly endorsing a product, on comes JW (jw408), another singe post user doing exactly the same.

}
WOW! Shameless marketing!! I'm definetly ordering that tower and I don't even have a boat!

Old    i_luvh2o            10-13-2004, 11:57 PM Reply   
HEY GUYS IM BACK!!! BUT SORRY IM NOT ENDORSING THE TOWER I JUST REALLY LIKE IT. AND BY THE WAY I DID SEE IT ON THE 4TH BECASUE I ASKED THE DRIVER OF THE BOAT, OWNER OF COMP PRODUCTS, WHAT KIND OF TOWER IT WAS AND HE SAID IT WAS THE BLADE WHICH WILL BE COMING OUT SOON.