Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    star_star            07-24-2010, 7:48 AM Reply   
just got a 142 murray biolite. has anyone here ridden it and what can i expect. i am coming off of a 2008 byerly monarch whichi love. i have read a couple of times that they ride similarly. anyone care to comment.....thanks in advance and gthlsu.
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-26-2010, 7:29 AM Reply   
I came from a LF Witness to the Murray. Riding without center fins it is a little looser than the Witness when neutral but really holds an edge well. Not as fast as I thought it would be but it does have more pop than the Witness. And the landings are much better on the Murray than the Witness.

All in all, I am really liking the new Murray.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-26-2010, 9:19 AM Reply   
The new Murray doesn't have a center fin, it has the two out near the rails. My buddy rides it and I always like to try a new deck to see what its like. The board rides very edgy and quick which is fun. My only complaint was that the fins are too far back and it releases very late off the top of the wake, just not quite what I'm used to.

Not to hijack, but if anyone looking at this is interested in a 142 Nova Core Blem (ridden once) for a good price PM me.
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-26-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
Sorry, forgot that my Murray is a "09..............but new to me.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-26-2010, 10:33 AM Reply   
i have a 141 marek bio as well. if youre interested. send me a pm
Old     (rivrat)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-26-2010, 11:08 PM Reply   
Hey the new murray is an awesome board i also rode the 08 and 09 monarch and at the start of this season i was riding the new b-side the murray has a really good edge it lands super soft in the flats and has a smooth pop off the wake. If your looking for something more like the monarch I would go with the B-side it has a lot of pop like the monarch its a little faster and with out the center fin in its pretty loose but both are awesome boards just depends on what your looking for hope that helps you
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-27-2010, 3:42 AM Reply   
The b-side is the sihizzzzz. I love it. Props to jd and butch on this one for sure. Its my magic carpet. I cant go back to the marek after riding it.
Old    star_star            07-27-2010, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcail View Post
Sorry, forgot that my Murray is a "09..............but new to me.
pm me with what you want for the 2010 murray nova core. thanks
Old     (mikejones)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-27-2010, 7:17 PM Reply   
I currently ride the 142 murray bio. Ive been on it for a few weeks and came out of the 09 murray. the 2010 does pop off the wake late and is pretty edgy. I find it much harder to get speed into the wake, which was somewhat expected as the 09 shape was a continuous. Id say the landings are softer on the 10, but i like the 09 better. The pop was effortless and very floaty. The new shape just has me working harder a bit.