Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-02-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
I was wondering if you guys saw C-Dubs new boot in the new WBM. The Faction was designed to have all kinds of hold down yet be flexible to tweak all your moves, plus its got the Hinge Tech to cap it off. Kind of between the Zeus and the Torq. At the price they are planning to sell those things at it's gonna be sweet! I got a chance to check it out and it was awesome, despite loving my Zeus boots they are decidedly too stiff. The Faction is my next boot, what do you guys think of it?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-02-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
Steve ~ Can we post pics?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-02-2006, 9:39 AM Reply   
Ya I got a preview and it is a sick binding. Cant wait to get them in the shop. I have pictures but I will wait to see if Steve wants them posted before I will post.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-02-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
Heck, there were pictures in WBM, so I take that as these bad boys are public now.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-02-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
I have some pics I will post later unless Jeff beats me to it.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-02-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
Are they the boots that Rob Tupper had at the canyon comp?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-02-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
I dont think so he might be ridin the Fuse, but maybe. Thane did the ones Rob have on have the hinge?Upload Heres one pic of the CWB Faction.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-02-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
Yeah Thane, they were the ones that Tupp & Josh were riding. They got hold of Bates' early pair. They were not the finished product but those guys were raving about 'em.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-02-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
Fellas,

How do you lace up the nose / front portion of the binding or is it s OSFA kinda deal?

The look sweet though!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-02-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
The Faction features an “Articulated Toe”. The Articulated toe is nylon, Lycra and neoprene precisely wrapped around segmented EVA to construct a toe rubber that forms to any foot, providing comfortable support. The Faction also has a higher stiffer wrap than the Torq model, and has a dual hidden lace.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-02-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
Thx for the 411 - so does the dual hidden lace mean that there is one under the nose / front that will slightly tighten the boot? Either way the sounds like a cool new product
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-02-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
Upload One more picture of the Back of the CWB Faction
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-02-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
Yeah, there is a lace under there that you can't see. Independant top and bottom lace for true customized fit. The new toe piece is awesome too. Really thin but incredibly supportive and comfy. The best part is that the rubber material on the back and sides is super flexy. Crazy hold down and the boot flexes with your poke!

(Message edited by stephan on May 02, 2006)
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-02-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
Dammit! I just got my Zeus' broken in, and promised the wife I was good to go! I am going to have to not pay attention to anymore posts about this binding.
Old    buckettim            05-02-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
when will these be avaible? if they are where can i get a pair?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-02-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
similar to the zeus, it's lycra on the toe piece and rubber on the heel piece. is cwb ever going to do both pieces in lycra? the torqs are like that, why aren't their top bindings?
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-02-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
ooooooooooo
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-02-2006, 1:22 PM Reply   
The binding should be in stores at the end of this month, maybe sooner. I know we ordered some.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-02-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
How much?
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-02-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
I believe the price is around $259.99
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-02-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
For the money and the features, looks like this will be a hard boot to beat.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-02-2006, 5:55 PM Reply   
I rode one of the really early pairs when I was down at Dave Briscoes. They were far from the final version, but were awesome. I wore a size smaller than I would usually, but they offered a ton of support, comfort, and enough flexability for easy pokes and grabs. I already told my dealer to order me a pair and was told they will have a June release.
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-02-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
Dammit! I would have bought those instead of the torq. Why the hell didn't they release these with the others?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-02-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
Chase its called marketing..

just like the LTDs in other bindings ,...they want to make you want another pair or if someone didnt like something about the originals like color or something they now can intise you to buy these..

Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-02-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
Could have been late testing. When I rode them Briscoe had just gotten a new pair and said he got the first prototype just before christmas and the ones i rode were not totally like the new ones and that was in late February.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-02-2006, 8:01 PM Reply   
Dammit CWB. Why do you come out with something 100 times better then everything else each month?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-02-2006, 8:30 PM Reply   
"Chase its called marketing"

Bill, Not always and not in the case. After all of the 06 CWB stuff was on the shelf, CWB went back to the drawing board to expand the product line. We were discussing the idea of the Faction at the boat show in January while we were selling most of the new stuff.

The "Faction" represents something a little different. The press release will explain more but let's just say it's really cool where they are taking this.

Chase, the Torqs are placed in a different area of the product line. The Faction will likely cost a little more. Did you try the Zues when you bought your Torqs?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-02-2006, 8:33 PM Reply   
Wkerat: sure you were riding Factions? That name wasn't introduced until recently. Or possibily it wasn't assigned to that boot.

Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-02-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
Wow! A new CWB binding? Sweet! Now when someone asks for advice when choosing between Transits and Murrays the CWBeings can offer them unsolicited advice on yet another CWB product! j/k

They do look cool though and look like they look like they do exactly what they're supposed to.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-02-2006, 9:02 PM Reply   
Sweet boot! Are they really going to sell for 260? That is kind of a rip off to the folks that went out and jumped on the Zeus wagon. Unless these are not as good as the Zeus.
Old    junglesmacks            05-02-2006, 10:34 PM Reply   
holy friggin crap CWB is bringin it hard and heavy..

why can't the rest of the WB world innovate and show as much drive for constant betterment like these guys..

BIG ups
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-02-2006, 10:59 PM Reply   
junglesmacks, big ups to cwb, for sure, but they're not alone. lf and hyperlite are always trying to bring something new to the table.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-02-2006, 11:06 PM Reply   
I saw a pair at the board shop last week. They looked really nice. I just might have to start using CWB bindings on both my CWB boards
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-03-2006, 7:10 AM Reply   
I tried the Zeus and Torq's and didn't think the stiffness of the Zeus was worth another $150 . . . that's just me though. I'm not a ripper.

I'll say this, The Torq's are sweet and still very supportive. I had to ride my salt water board on Sunday which has 30/60's on it and I had forgotten how hard it was to get into bindings!

I'll probably throw away the 30/60's now and get the faction anyway. Great marketing CWB!
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-03-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
J-rod, He didn't know the name, but it was a binding he was testing and it was pretty much identical to this boot. Only difference was the one I rode had a zeus wrap on the outter at that time, but the front was secured together. My dealers rep was there this week and had a sample and it was pretty much identical.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-03-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
That makes sense.

Did it feel any stiffer than the Zeus, or about the same?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-03-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
Heres a link About the 07 CWB Faction http://ridecwb.com/2006/index.php?mod=faction&id_prd=449&id_gal=100&displa y=gallery
Old     (tupper78)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-03-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
The bindings are the most comfortable bindings I have ever riden, You can tweak out everything, and they have a lot of support, if you get a chance either buy them or ride them they are worth every penny!!!!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-03-2006, 11:36 AM Reply   
Yo Tup! What's up bro? Glad to hear you are riding again.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-03-2006, 12:30 PM Reply   
J-rod, it was much more comfortable than the zeus with the neoprene (or whatever it is) in the front. The heal felt very stiff and supportive like the zeus (i actually think it uses the same heal as the zeus), but the toe was not as stiff which allowed you to tweak. It had a rubber wrap around your ankle like the zeus which still held you in and I felt like I lost no control, just gained comfort and ease on my grabs. I have a pair of fuses and a pair of zeus's right now, but am going to swith to the faction asap. The only thing i noticed is that the lose of stiffness in the toe made me drop down a size in my bindings (to medium) since I felt too loose in my regular size (large). Even with the smaller size they were comfortable enough that my feet still didn't fall asleep like they do in my zeus's.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-03-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
Hmm...personally I was looking for something much much stiffer than the Zues. I am now riding the Fuse which fits my needs, but I miss the hinge.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-03-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
The production version seems to have an extra wrap so it may be stiffer, but who knows. My guess is they will have more hinge bindings next year.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-03-2006, 1:19 PM Reply   
Haha that just goes to show that one mans perfect boot is not for all. I like my Zeus and their immense support, however I have been riding them with the laces loose and can't wait to get on something with a little more flexibilty. The Faction flexed much like the previous years Zeus when you took the plastic ankle cup out and removed the strap over the top of your foot.
Old     (tupper78)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-03-2006, 7:14 PM Reply   
Yeah Bug I am riding again, I am all healed up, I rode in the Canyon Lake tourn. inth epro div. placed 4 or 5. I sucked it up but I was happy over all, I can't wait for you to come out and ride with us..