Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-07-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
Haven't decided if I am paying for this one. I think shogun was robbed from the first fight unless you chock it up to he did not do enough to beat a champ. I want to se some of the other fights, but not sure I want to pay to see when I can see the highlights on You tube or somewhere else.

Your guys thoughts?
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-07-2010, 8:17 AM Reply   
Could be a great night of fights, could be a snoozer. The UFC needs a bone thrown there way here - the past few cards have been pretty lackluster.

I'll be cheering for Shogun but making the assumption Machida will win..

I'll take Kimbo.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-07-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
We're not paying for this one.. but we'll catch it online, I'm sure.

I'm really pulling for Shogun.. I cannot STAND Machida. Ugh.

I'll take Kimbo.. but only because Meathead was one of my least favorite fighters from TUF.. EVER.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-07-2010, 3:41 PM Reply   
KOS better beat the crap out of Daley. Winner of that one gets GSP and coaches against him on the next TUF.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-08-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
Great fights so far, Mitrione looked great
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-08-2010, 8:06 PM Reply   
Definitely good fights thus far!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-08-2010, 9:12 PM Reply   
I don't care who ya are, what KOS said to the fans was flipping hilarious!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-08-2010, 9:51 PM Reply   
Sinko I agree I have always liked Kos. Glad to see him go back to his base. His wrestling is sick. He is super athletic. Daily is a punk and I hope they throw his A$#@! out of the UFC. Tonight I think we saw the last fight Kimbo will have in the UFC. So how about Shogun? He just keeps getting better and better. Guess what guys, it's time to see Anderson Silva step up to 205 and fight for the title. Getting interesting.

Andg good fights tonight.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-09-2010, 7:57 AM Reply   
Daley, banned for life from the UFC
Kimbo, cut from the UFC.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-09-2010, 12:46 PM Reply   
Ok so what now? I guess the winner of Rampage and Evans will fight Shogun for the title. I would really like to see A Silva fight for the title. Man 205 is stacked.

Shogun
Machida
A Silva
Rampage
Evans
Vitor
Forrest (:
Franklin
Wanderlei

Etc..

Im hoping Lesnar Carwin lives up to the hype. Carwin is the real deal never being out of the first round. I highly doubt this fight will end in the first though. We have no idea what Carwins cardio is like. And we know Brock can take a punch. I still think Brock is a better wreslter and will take Carwin down and beat him there. If it stays on the feet the advantage goes to Carwin. So who is Lidell going to fight now that Ortiz is out? Speaking of Tito Im sick of that dude, I hope they kick him out of the UFC to. Nobody wants to see him fight anymore.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-09-2010, 6:34 PM Reply   
I believe Rich Franklin steps in for Tito in the show and will fight Lidell. Good night of fights, Machida was knocked out cold and meat head was pretty impessive.

During the Countdown show, Paul Daley said that he didn't know what a Division I wrestler was and that it didn't mean **** in London. I guess he knows what it means now. He is punk and biotch and I hope he never fights another day in the UFC.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-09-2010, 8:14 PM Reply   
dtw has double legged the correct!
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-10-2010, 10:32 AM Reply   
Flight....you forgot about JON BONES JONES on your list. I can easily see him being the champ within 12-18 months. A fight of JBJ vs. Shogun is the stuff dreams are made of. Hell, i'd even like to see JBJ fight Machida.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-10-2010, 10:32 AM Reply   
Also just read that Junior Dos Santos vs. Big Country is in the works. Hahaha.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-10-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
^^ it's dialed in for UFC 117

Dream 14 will be Saku vs. Ralek - this is like the 6th Gracie he's fought. I love it.

Good fights this weekend.

Shogun was impressive as usual.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-10-2010, 11:41 AM Reply   
Dave you are right

Bones Jones is probabbly the most feared fight at 205 but unspoken. I can see Jones easily becomming the light heavy weight champ. Can't believe I forgot about him. So what I would really like to see would be a Bones Jones A Silva fight. Talk about one for the ages. Finally someone who can get in there and bang with Silva and actually make him fight.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-10-2010, 2:29 PM Reply   
JDS is fighting Big Country?? Are you kidding me? They are not even close to being in the same league. Ugh.

Not surprised to see Kimbo cut from the UFC. He looked terrible on Saturday.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-10-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
Just cause you said that, Big Country will probably win.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-10-2010, 4:34 PM Reply   
If fat country wins I will die. That being said does Santos have a wrestling back ground? If not then BC does have a chance. I would much rather see Santos fight Cane or someone who would make it more spectacular. Ok I want to rant just a bit and see if everyone is on the same page as I am.

So in times past i had at least 7-8 friends come over and watch UFC Events and eac one would flick you 5 or 10 bucks to help pay for the event and some pizza etc...

It has really wittled down to not many people wanting to watch anymore so I paid for the last one and watched it by myself. Thats almost 50 bucks. Anyway in 2 weeks they have the Rampage Evans fight which I would really like to see. My thoughts though are that they seem to be trying to make to much money to fast. I really don't want to fork out another 50 bucks within such a short time frame. It's almost as if the UFC only cares about the bottom line. How much can we make? So if I can't find anyone willing to split the next fights I am not going to be watching them.

Anywaon else think the UFC is putting on way to many events to close to each other? I mean they usually throw in a pretty good match up and then some mediocre ones to try and sell it. I would much rather see at least 2 - 3 big names on each card example -

Brock Lesnar vs Shane Carwin
Dos Santos vs Cane Velasques
Nate Marquart vs Vitor Belfort
Then a couple ok fighters

As it stands they throw out the one fight people would like to see but many times those fights last maybe a few minutes and what did you really get for your 50 bucks? Just saying.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-10-2010, 4:59 PM Reply   
I understand what you're saying, totally. However, as the only major promotion, and with a stable of fighters like they have, they simply need to put on as many shows as they do. I haven't counted, but we have to be close to 24 events per year now from the UFC. Probably 60%ppv and 40% free cards at this point. And keep in mind too, that the nature of the game is such that fights change on a regular basis due to injury. The UFC does a pretty good job of matchmaking and delivering IMO. Would we all like more free fights? Hell yes. Would we all like the fighters to get paid more, like in line with pro boxers? Hell yes. Therein lies the dilemma.

When it comes to big names, that doesn't really do it for me and i know I am in the minority there. I enjoy watching any and all the fights I can...big names, no names...doesn't matter. When I worked for a single a baseball team, it really taught me that the game is still the same, all the excitement and drama and anticipation, even though there are no big names at all playing. It was a very freeing realization. Applied specifically to the UFC, it is why I usually salivate over the undercard matchups and the free card matchups.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-10-2010, 5:01 PM Reply   
I guess I am just more a fight fan than a fan of any one or two fighters. I do have the guys I like, but even my favorite fighters are not as important as the game to me. OK. I am a weirdo.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-12-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
DTW- I am with you. I like watching it all. Of course the big names generally mean the best in the business so it's great to watch. The question is do we fork out $50-100 per month between organizations? Throw in strikeforce/ cable TV and it gets expensive. I just took 8 of us to King of the cage in Folsom and tickets were $75 each through one of the fighters to sit front row. Great night of fights but piss pour organizational skills from the promoters. i would so kick ass if I was running that show. We were in the front row and could not hear the announcer. No clue who the fighters were, their backgrounds, records, weight class, or even who was sponsoring the event.