Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-24-2010, 7:15 AM Reply   
I have done a bit of searching but didn't come up with my answer so I thought I'd post.

I have a 2001 Sanger 210 DD with a Merc 350 MAG MPI and Velvet drive. There is a possibility I may need a new prop after I hit a log last time out. I have completed shaft run-outs and I know the shaft isn't bent. The prop looks fine but I know that can be deceiving, so I thought I'd try and have it tested.

Anyway... I run with about 4 adults and three children and some onboard ballast but not too much. As I get better at wakeboarding I'm hoping to increase the weight in the boat. What prop is recommended?
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-24-2010, 9:48 AM Reply   
Just give ACME or OJ a call and they will set you up with the perfect prop.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-24-2010, 8:45 PM Reply   
653 Acme

Last edited by wake_upppp; 05-24-2010 at 8:52 PM.
Old     (ej_ojprop)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-25-2010, 11:00 AM Reply   
Either our 13 X 11 LC 1 1/8" or 13 X 11.5 LC 1 1/8" 3-blade.
Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-25-2010, 3:32 PM Reply   
Eric,
The prop I have on there right now has the follown stamps: 13 14 Cup 8 Legend

Can you tell me what the benefits would be to changing to what you have recommended? What differences are there between the two props you recommended?

Thanks for your help!
Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-25-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
Okay so I did a little more research and found that 4 blades might be better for heavily weighted boats. I don't heavily weight my boat right now but the last time we were out I had 5 adults and 2 children with two stock hard ballast tanks. I emailed Sanger for the capacity of the stock tanks but they didn't know. In addition to the stock ballast, I have three LaunchPad sacs but I don't know exactly how much they weigh when full. They are about 4 feet long and around a foot in diameter. Someday I will probably have everything filled when we go out. Would this constitute a heavily weighted boat? Would it be best for me to stay with a 4 blade prop?

I still need to find a place that can check my prop although there isn't a scratch on it so I really think it isn't bent. I'll need to check the mounting hardware as soon as the rain stops...

Last edited by corbin; 05-25-2010 at 4:58 PM. Reason: addition to text
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-25-2010, 5:40 PM Reply   
Save your money. You will be hard pressed to tell the difference nowadays betweem 3 and 4 blade performance with the advent of CNC prop machining. Acme 653 will handle a good 1500 lbs of additional ballast in that boat on top of gear and people.
Old     (ej_ojprop)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-26-2010, 3:43 AM Reply   
You will see a difference in the reduction of the pitch, current prop has 14" of pitch. A 13 X 11.5 will pull harder due to the lower pitch.