Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-22-2005, 9:10 PM Reply   
here is the question of the day?

would i be better off to go with a DD ski boat and sac it out or get a V-drive WB boat?

we have a few people that ski (no one on a course) and some people that like tubing.

give me pro's and con's of both
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-23-2005, 6:58 AM Reply   
Do a search on here as this subject has been discussed since around 2000 or earlier
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-23-2005, 6:59 AM Reply   
V-drive. More room, less sacs, and if you buy the right one, can throw a good ski wake. Oh, and more storage.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-23-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
what kind of boat are they skiing now? most V drives will still be a better ski boat than most I/O's.
Old    sking55405            09-23-2005, 8:23 AM Reply   
Go with a Sanger V210. I go out with a couple people that ski and barefoot and they love it for those. the tubing is ok(tried once or twice)as for the wake... you can ask any sanger on this site hows sic the wake is behind that boat
Old     (shawman)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-23-2005, 8:41 AM Reply   
A friend of mine has a MB 220sport DD and it is a great crossover boat. Fill the front tank and you get a good ski wake. Fill all the tanks and even the surf wake is not bad. I have a 197/X-7 and the wake is small even with a couple of bags, but the ski wake is great.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-23-2005, 9:24 AM Reply   
Same issues here, I went with the Nautique SV211 because I ski fairly fast and short plus I wanted the layout of the V-drive.

My buddy went with the Malibu I-Ride because he didn't want to sacrafice handling or speed.

Both of us are happy with our decisions. It's a personal choice, spend some time in both layouts, drive them, then decide.

I recommend against tubing in either!

(Message edited by mikeski on September 23, 2005)
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       09-23-2005, 9:37 AM Reply   
Chris, why would your friend fill any tanks in a DD to get a good ski wake? For skiing, less weight is always better. Just curious.
Old     (shawman)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-23-2005, 9:49 AM Reply   
If you fill the front tank it raises the rear of the boat and it flattens out the wake. I talked to Wake Cox about the hump in the 197 ski wake and he said he put lead in the nose of his 197 to do the same thing.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-23-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
"Wake Cox" -
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-23-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
X2,X1,old xstar is a great crossover boat. World class WB wake, and a really good slalom wake. I run the course with ours all the time.