Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    kmc            07-28-2003, 9:09 AM Reply   
Here are a few pictures of the custom mounts I made to my board racks. I have the joystick tower & I love the board racks but I always had an issue with them mounted to the side of the tower. They were difficult to reach & I seemed to be the only one that was able to retrieve the boards. My wife & kids are not tall enough to reach out & grab the boards. I decided to design a new mounting scheme that would make it possible for anyone to get to the boards. Now, the boards can be gotten to without leaning out over the side of the boat & there is no interference when at a dock or tied up next to the houseboat. Even my 12 year old daughter can get her own board.

I used the original racks & the spreader bar (don't know what else to call it) & then made the arms that mount the racks to the tower. The black pieces are original Joystick parts & the white pieces are the new ones. They mount to existing holes in the tower & I just had to increase the length of the bolts.

mount1

mount2