Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (jmunday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-16-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
tried the air ralley today and i got extended nice but, could'nt get the board back under me. I have no clue on how to get my body back under for landing. any suggestions please.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-16-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
Pull the handle down.
Old     (wakerider23234)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-16-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
yes pull the handle down like paul said but also before you get totally extended start pulling it back in. hope this helps
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-17-2006, 6:18 AM Reply   
same old smae old. Pull the handle down into your lead knee. I am so sick of this trick...every newbie only wants to learn how to do a ralley.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-17-2006, 6:55 AM Reply   
b/c every girl on the boat says do the superman trick, when girls start asking for ts9's, people will forget about railey's
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       07-17-2006, 7:02 AM Reply   

quote:

every newbie only wants to learn how to do a ralley

I've wanted to to a raley since before I rode a wakeboard. I still can't do one , but I think it's a good thing that such an old and relatively simple trick can still be so motivating for new riders.

-Steve
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-17-2006, 7:43 AM Reply   
actually, I really like TS fronts. If I had a choice between a raley and TS front, I would go with the TS. If it was grabbed.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-17-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
Andy, what trick did you want to learn when you first started? HUH????

Just think about it everybody is new at one point. I've been riddin for a long time and I still think the raley is fun to throw big and just float. Ya it's easy but who cares. Wake boarding was ment to be a fun sport for everyone, RIGHT?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-17-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
I don't think raleys are that easy of a trick to learn. I think r2r's were easier. When you eat it on a raley...IT HURTS. Also you can't do blind judges, krypts, 313's without knowing how to do a raley first.

but yes, pull the handle down. if you don't let go of the handle it should be natural to pull yourself down.
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-17-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
Don’t forget 911's, you cant do those without a raley. Most glides are easier to learn if you have a solid raley.

Also, most coaches advise learning a TS raley before moving onto the batwing. Now there’s a trick that impresses the ladies.

I know that edging harder and going bigger helps for some people to get the board back. If the board whips out from underneath you really hard and fast, and you push the handle back down to the water - it’s somewhat easier to come back again.
Old     (jmunday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-17-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
Thanks to most that wanted to give me quality info, as for the others, how bored are you, if you hate this topic so much DON'T POST
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-17-2006, 4:03 PM Reply   
If I could only learn to do a wake to wake raley my knees would not hurt so bad.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-19-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
ALlen-

I wanted to learn a tantrum. then a backroll then a I learned how raley.

Joshau-- calm down. ralleys are always cool, just easy and boring. I am way more into drifting grabs, and you cant learn how to do them if you cant do a ralley. Good luck have fun, and please catch your front edge for me on the way down. Eveybody needs to pay there dues on the ralley.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-19-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
Say it with me people... Raley...

Not Railey or Ralley.

Thank you.

:-)
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-19-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
I think it will end the spelling issue here if we go back to calling it the superman air. Plus wake skateing should be referd to as water danceing. And the quality of youre rideing will only be dertimend by how good you're fashion air is.
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-19-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
Andy,

Nice call on the front edge raley homage...it has to be paid, even if just once...
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-19-2006, 2:26 PM Reply   
RALEY! wahoo I got it right I think ... I do think superman air is much cooler.