Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (timsown)      Join Date: May 2005       11-10-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
I'm looking into reserving one of these for next year. Anyone have any tips or advise? Pictures would be nice too. The web site says they sleep 15 but that sound a little high to me. I'm thinking two families of four.
Old    kidrik            11-10-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
I heard you have to book around December???
Seems a little early, but that's only one source.
This guy had two big families go, and said it was effin' awesome. I think around $100 a night?

Good luck.
Old     (timsown)      Join Date: May 2005       11-10-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
The web site says you can book 6 months in advance, so December sounds about right. I'd like to hear if it seemed crowded with two big families and how many tents they were able to put on that thing.
Old    kidrik            11-10-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
Someone will probably chime in soon, but I'll see if I can get a hold of him and let ya know.......

I remember him saying he went late in the summer, and the lake itself wasn't crowded at all.

What site are you looking at? I may have to check that out for next summer!!
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-10-2007, 9:08 PM Reply   
They open up for reservations on the first of the month seven months in advance. From years of experience, if you are not on the phone and in the que by 8:01am with Reserve America, your chances of getting a summer weekend are nill. Have several weekends in mind so if your ideal time is booked, you can pounce on your second choice right there. They book ridiculously fast. They are running $100 per night, and well worth it. They include propane for the BBQ and dump the trash every day.

Two families of four should be no problem. Their capacity is 15, but a few summers ago we had two campsites for a youth group trip and had 22 on one of them at one point. Plenty of room for four average tents up top.

Here is a link:

http://www.orovilleareachamber.com/lakeoroville/floating_campsites.html

They just added a 12'x 20' dock to the side which adds a LOT of real estate to spread out gear...or the snorers in the group (sorry Trace!). If you can get them, they are a blast!.

(Message edited by zipe on November 10, 2007)
Old     (timsown)      Join Date: May 2005       11-10-2007, 10:00 PM Reply   
Rik - I'm just looking to book 1 site right now, no particular one in mind. As far as I know, they move them from year to year. The week I'm looking at is June 15-21.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       11-11-2007, 4:59 AM Reply   
Assuming that they are the same size as they were 20 years ago, I'd say 2 families max. We were a family of 5 and had a great time. Totally lucked out by being there on one of their tent sites when one cancelled and we were the only ones waiting. (July). It was awesome.
Old     (timsown)      Join Date: May 2005       11-11-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
I just talked to a rep at Reserve America and for the month of June, the soonest I can book is December 1, at 8am.

I'll be online booking my site for the week of June 15th.

Anyone else want me to try and get a reservation for you? FMADubC were you at?
Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-11-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
I might be interested Tim.. that the 15th is my birthday.. ahhaha
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-12-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
Don't know who to credit for the attached pic, but I think I got it from this forum to show the wife...

I know May could be a bit early but there were still several open weekends in May when I checked last week (May reservations opened 11/1 @ 8am), but I'm sure June, July, and August book faster.

Upload
Old    murrayair            11-12-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
Count on spending some time on the phone when you call. It usually takes me forever to get through to them. As for the floating campsites themselves, they rock. My family and some friends of ours get one every year and we always have a blast. 15 people will be a bit crowded, but 10 will be comfortable. Highly recommend trying them.
Old     (angelo_ski)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-15-2007, 5:32 PM Reply   
Tim,
I am talking with the family about it. We have always wanted to do it, but is always hard to plan that far in advance. We are also likely to houseboat at Shasta this year. I'll let you know. Shout out to FMAdubC.
Old     (timsown)      Join Date: May 2005       11-16-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
James - I'm booking 5 nights starting June 15th. The other family that was suppose to join us from SoCal backed out. I'ts just us for now on the floating site with some other friends probably tent camping on land.