Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (maliburider7)      Join Date: May 2009       05-14-2009, 10:37 AM Reply   
So I am a size 12, with wide feet, and my bindings have been killing me when I ride (Old hyperlites 00). I am looking for a binding that will support someone with flat feet, being a little wider then normal, along with support an intermediate rider... anyone have suggestions? I looked at the liquid force index bindings but they seem more for a beginning rider...thoughts?? Thanks
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-14-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
09 Ronix Ones
09 Watsons are comfy as well
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-14-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
CWB Bindings are great for wide feet.
Do you prefer open toe or closed toe?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-14-2009, 11:57 AM Reply   
I have really wide feet as well. I use the CWB boots and they have always served me well. A good intermediate/advanced boot is the Faction for open toe or the Answer if you like closed toe. Not sure of the closest dealer but there is bound to be someone close by. Good luck!
Old     (bzager)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-14-2009, 12:00 PM Reply   
.....vantages!
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-14-2009, 12:38 PM Reply   
everyone I know is switchin to slingshot boots. I would get something heat moldable if it were me, that way it can expand to your wide foot or in my case, conform to my narrow feet.
Old     (wakevb)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-14-2009, 12:38 PM Reply   
I have super wide feet as well. I have been riding LF Shanes for two years with massive amounts of beer bottle stretching, but they still are too narrow.

Recently I thought about upgrading to closed toe, but I know the LF stuff will never work. The Ronix Ones, Cells, and Reliks all felt insanely comfortable on my wide feet. When I move to CT, thats what I will be working with. Try them out.
Old     (jambor07)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-14-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
Company boots, size 13 will be perfect for you! I have wider than normal feet too and the Co. boots are the most comfy boots I have ever put on. They typically run a little small, so you want to make sure you go with the size 13.

If you're able to make it down to the Delta during memorial weekend you can demo the boots for free.

check this out...

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3320/696342.html?1242311654
Old     (pacifichigh)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-14-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
Slingshot all the way.
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       05-14-2009, 1:07 PM Reply   
09 watsons
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-14-2009, 1:10 PM Reply   
LF boots are pretty narrow

CWB bindings are great for wide feet. But heat moldable boots like Slingshot and Company would be great. They get molded perfectly to the shape of your foot.
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-14-2009, 1:39 PM Reply   
slingshot def...so good!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       05-14-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
Hello Mike,
When purchasing a boot I think there are many factors to consider, some are price, open or closed toe, durability, comfort, support, flexibility, style and depending on the board you ride, manufacturer specific as not all boots fit all boards easily without adapters etc.
I like to ride a number of different boards, most all of them with different bindings already attached so I don't have to change them out between rides, so there are a couple of different boots I like and might recommend to you.
It seems that there are so many good choices out there these days for bindings that it can be hard to find that perfect boot. I went through quite a few before I found the one that works the best for me, as I have Xenon's, Era's, CD's, Ion's, Ronix 1's and some others. If I had access to a wake shop I think that is where I would start so I could actually try them on and see how they feel. With these days of internet shopping though I know that that does not always seem possible but I think that would be the best bet. I have tried alot of different bindings and not all were good outcomes.
I would see and buy a binding that "looked" good but later found problems not readily evident after I got in the water with them and rode a few times. As a consequence I have wasted money on occasion with uninformed purchases and as you know bindings aint cheap. The most comfortable binding I have ever worn were my Son's 08 Ronix 1's. They feel beautiful on your feet but I personally did not like the way they released, drained, or tightened up. Alot of people have not had the same issues I had with them and they might be a good solution for you, especially the 09's. The boot I use the most is an 07 Xenon of which I have three pairs. My wife uses a pair and I have two, one pair on two different boards. The 07 Xenon's are very comfortable, flexible while supportive with plenty of hold, which is the way I like them. Some people don't like that much flex in a boot so because of that I keep around a "cheaper" pair of Ion's which are stiffer but are not quite as comfortable. I also use a pair of 07 Hyperlite Era's but they are geared more for a narrow foot and probably would not work for you but because my foot is narrow I use them when I ride my Era board and am very fond of that boot as well. I guess what I am saying is that Xenon's or Ronix 1's would be a very nice choice for most anyone in an open or closed toe boot. The Xenon if you like comfort, flexibility, support and assuming they fit your boards holes is great, and the Ronix 1 for maximum comfort and maximum hold is also a good choice. I am sure that there are other great boots out there that would work well but its not always easy to find them unless you can get to a pro wake shop and try a few on. Good luck to you in finding that perfect binding.
Regards,
AKA The Wakeboard Geezer
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-14-2009, 4:31 PM Reply   
http://www.boardersbestbuy.com/
go there now! cwb zues's for $150
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-14-2009, 4:35 PM Reply   
Hard to beat that deal. They even have your size.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-14-2009, 5:15 PM Reply   
+1 slingshot.

Super comfy, tons of support, tough as nails, easy in and out, heat molding is great too
Old     (evadehickman)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-14-2009, 5:39 PM Reply   
+1 LF Vantages - I am size 12 with wide feet, too. Used to have CWB torqs and tried CWB faction, but no where near as comfortable and supportive.
Old     (warwagon)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-14-2009, 7:42 PM Reply   
I'm not sure if flat footed people need arch support so I am just tossing this out there, my CWB Answers have a little arch bump in the sole that makes them even more comfy. I know that comparing them to my PB Floyds and Ronix Ones they are a ton more comfy and easy in easy out, which all three of them are easy in and out boots.