Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-11-2009, 6:56 AM Reply   
Can anyone give me any pointers on how to land one? I already have a scarecrow down. Is landing blind or with a handle pass easier?

(Message edited by wakeboardingzach on May 11, 2009)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-11-2009, 7:33 AM Reply   
+1 for blind easier. Just keep two hands on the handle for your whole crow, then late late late throw the last 180, keeping the handle close still (back hip) ... for me i NEEED to spot the shore off my back shoulder or I slide out
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-11-2009, 8:36 AM Reply   
I have 50+ attempts and no ride-aways. :-( So hard to go from a scarecrow balls-out cut to the mellow "just coast in from 25 feet out, then pull progressive the last 10ft!" cut. So sick of hearing those words from Brodie.

My only pointer that has gotten me close is to look at the wake-wash behind towards shore as you land. The wake wash on the wake you are landing on obviously. So for me a goofy rider its the left-hand side wake.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-11-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
Stand tall through the top of the wake. Don't lean as hard as you would on a crow. Focus on keeping weight on that rear foot toe through the very top of the wake. Keep the handle in tight.
Old    walt            05-11-2009, 12:42 PM Reply   
Matt,
Are you still riding these days ?

Sorry for the high jack Zach.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-11-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
What's up Walt? Not really. I ride from time to time when somebody has a boat ready. We have a 6 month old girl and 2 year old boy who are keeping us very busy. It's been a lot of fun, and nice to let the body heal a bit. I'll be back at it once the kids are into it.
Old     (johnm_ttu)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-11-2009, 1:39 PM Reply   
The crow mobe is a trick where as soon as I leave the wake I know if I am going to land.

I always land wrapped in the "blind" position, but I feel like it would be easier to take the trick big and into the flats with a handle pass.

I agree with Matt Vda about standing tall. If you don't go straight up and over on your crow you will be behind in your rotation and fall on your butt every time.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-11-2009, 1:56 PM Reply   
The Main thing for me learning any new trick where I am adding additional 180 whether it’s an invert or a spin is to re-think the whole trick. For example taking a 5 to a 7 is not just adding a 180 you have to approach the trick completely different than you do for a 5. Same thing with going crow to crow-mobe, above when Jarrod is talking about taking a "different cut," that is all part of taking a different approach. Effectively, just because you can do a crow with your eyes closed in your sleep doesn’t mean that a crow-mobe is simple too. You have to take a different cut, pull differently on the handle, pop different. It’s a whole different beast. Okay enough of that. For the crow-mobe, take a slow mellow approach, then 10 to 15 feet before the wake cut like a knife at it. First try and bring it up high, you will need a bit more hang time to get the last 180. For me I do the first part of the trick really fast, the crow is over with by the time I peak out in height. As soon as I break vertical Look over my lead shoulder for the wake and pull the handle to small of my back. Get your chest over your knees, lay it down and claim it. One thing to make sure of is to keep the handle in tight close to your body so you don’t pop the handle when you land.

good luck, hope this helps some what.
Old    walt            05-11-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
Matt,
Sent you a E-mail.
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-11-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. Im thinking about it! I just got my roll to revert today.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-11-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
You trying them on the boat or cable?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-11-2009, 8:16 PM Reply   
Dang... A Matt spotting. It's been a while
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-11-2009, 8:47 PM Reply   
Matt! what's up dood!? Hit us up on the weekends when you want to ride. Always a pleasure to ride with you.
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-12-2009, 5:33 AM Reply   
The main thing to remember is to stand tall and lean over your toes.
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-12-2009, 6:50 AM Reply   
Im trying to learn them on cable.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-12-2009, 6:55 AM Reply   
I do them a bit different on the cable.... its much easier that way IMO, kicker or air trick... I cannot do them air trick style, so I'm no help there
Old     (connerthurston)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-13-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
when you hit your scarecrow it should feel like you float the last 180 it should never pause or hit that hesitation point. make sure you can get the height for one or you get ripped.....
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       05-13-2009, 12:08 PM Reply   
I am in the4 same boat as Jarrod. I know I have to much line tension because I often pull the back edge catch and don't always make it all the way around. WQhen I do I have to much forward momentem that carries me into a cart wheel onto my side.

I am going back to the role to blinds if I don't get it on my first few sttempts back this year.