Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (berzurkur)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-03-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
Hello all! I just got transplanted from Sacramento to Syracuse! I'm gonna miss the Dirty Delta!

Now I need to find somewhere to ride out here in Central New York. I'm close to the Finger Lakes(?), Oneida Lake, St. Lawrence River, and ofcourse the Great Lake of Ontario!

If anyone has any info about the water out here, or any recommendations of local websites to checkout, please let me know!
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-03-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
My uncle had a lake house on lake Ontario and all I can say from what I remember of it (5-6 years ago) is that it is really, really, really rough water, like an ocean so bad that it caused him damage to his docks and would have to his boat if he didn't have one of those things to pull it out of the water. if I were you I'd think about going to one of the smaller lakes, but then again I'm not a local, and only had been up there once but the way he was making it sound, did not sound like good wakeboarding conditions.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-03-2007, 2:01 PM Reply   
I've heard the finger lakes are decent, very cold water because those lakes are hundreds of feet deep.

Check out Oneida lake near Syracuse.

Lake Ontario is like an ocean, forget about riding there 99% of the time.
Old     (king360720)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-13-2007, 4:48 AM Reply   
Check out Oneida lake, big lake, lots of riders. Also the fingerlakes can be a little chilly, but there are lots of riders. If you're near Rochester, drop me a line, always looking for a third. I'm at Irondequoit bay.