Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-18-2009, 6:03 PM Reply   
Whats up with the site? Its gone. I know nothing changed on it for a while but its completely gone. I hope theyre still around Im hoping for a tax return so I can add another sub. Jim- you out there?
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-18-2009, 8:23 PM Reply   
Neptunes is still around, their hosting company went under so Jim is trying to get stuff back online. Give him a call, 209-466-8863 and he will get back to you.
Old     (jp1)      Join Date: May 2008       03-19-2009, 10:11 AM Reply   
why don't you try going to a real stereo shop that might be around at the end of the year
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-19-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
Hay Rich sorry about the site Im on the phone with usa hosting right now. I will be back up shortly. I have also put Kassie to work on updating the site and event calender/photo gallery.Big things going this summer. There you go,site is back up.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-19-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
Hey Johnny I did go to a real stereo shop as many on this forum would back me up on maybe you should check yourself!
Old     (jp1)      Join Date: May 2008       03-19-2009, 10:01 PM Reply   
I have checked myself there Rich as well as checked out Neptunes, the shop and various installs, so i would have to assume you didn't go to them for your initial install or you would realize what kind of garbage they send out the door or you and some others don't have a clue of what quality sound or installs actually are
Old     (neptune)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-19-2009, 10:29 PM Reply   
Yo J Whats your beef.I have been installing 12volt audio for 27 years and have NEVER had a negative responce.I would rather loose money than have a unhappy customer. If you doubt my talent or integrity, call any of the hundreds of shops in nor cal and get there opinion of Jim Rockwood and my reputation.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-19-2009, 10:46 PM Reply   
dam johnny. for someone with power turn in their name. you sure are going to get some heat for what you said. get ready dude.
Old     (wakefish)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-19-2009, 11:07 PM Reply   
must be a joke. Jim is a good guy and does quality work at a fair price.
Old     (jp1)      Join Date: May 2008       03-19-2009, 11:46 PM Reply   
Jim I have researched you and your integrity and the people that like you talk highly of you and those who dislike you, which i found more of, don't. I base my opinion purely out of what I have seen and heard for myself. Some of your installs are "decent" but most of those i have seen are far from the quality one would expect from someone in the business as long as you. Maybe it's those 27yrs that have numbed your hearing because all the boats I've listened to might have some volume but are far from having any quality sound. I hope you can make it thru the current economy that way the other quality shops will have more business redoing your mistakes and you might even be able to pay some of those outstanding debts you have with some of your previous suppliers. Oh the names John not J
Old     (neptune)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-20-2009, 8:25 AM Reply   
Wow! some one needs a hug.
Old    mendo247            03-20-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
What an arse....
Old     (boardwake)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-20-2009, 8:48 AM Reply   
Wow for a total of 10 posts you are soon to be the most hated on here.
Old     (210hippy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-20-2009, 9:26 AM Reply   
Whoa,whoa,whoa. I believe Dan wears the crown.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-20-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
Jim: You have been installing for 27 years and have NEVER had a negative responce? Do you provide XTC for all your customers I don't know how someone could make everyone happy for even 1 year 27 years seems like a tall order. That said I think you do good work and your a great guy. And you do allot for the wake seen. Prop's

Johnny you say you have checked out some of his installs? So Im guessing you saw a install you didn't like or heard a system that didn't sound good so your gonna put Neptunes on blast because of it? IMO you can do a killer install and tune it perfict and hand it over to some bone head (aka the customer) and he can mess with all the adjustments and make it sound like crap. Then who takes the heat for it? Jerry you know what im talking about! Didn't you play with your amp's just before the sound off a few years back and messed it all up? After that I understand why you roll to all the sound off's with your install pit crew. You run the boat and they run the system.

Is Johnny Jim's competition from Liqued Trendz! LOL J/K

Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-20-2009, 9:43 AM Reply   
Ya, 10 posts and 3 in this thread spewing hate. This is never a good sign.
Old     (mrbrian)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-20-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
HEY HEY no one from Liquid Trends posts anything bad about anyone!!!! We all like to get along with everyone!!! Lets not get any rumors started even joking "G" Ill have hate mail for days for no reason!!!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-20-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
Brian Ok Ok it was funny though. LOL
Yea you are right Im pretty impressed how all the Audio guys get along. Hey on a Positive Note

BUMP will be going on again this year
Old     (mrbrian)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-20-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
Yeah it was !!! I cant wait for the bump contest again!!! Do you have a date set for it??? Are you going to spring ride??
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-20-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
Thats what sucks about forums sometime. Some guy can come on and blast on anyone with out presenting any facts just a story. We could make up anything about John and put it on here even if its not true. The only difference, and its a huge one, is no one knows who John is. All we know is the guy is probably an idiot as he admits to doing powerturns on the water. But as no one knows him it does no good. John my advise to you is if you are going to bash a companies reputation and potentially damage his business by your post you should at least back it up. Neptunes has many satisfied customers, including myself, and Jim is good for the local scene here.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-20-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
My bet is that John is probably one of Neptunes competitors.
Old     (jp1)      Join Date: May 2008       03-20-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
First off I am not a competitor of Jim's, I'm a hobbyist at best, but I do know what quality is both sound and install. Also what proof or facts do I need, I've listened and looked at 12 to 15 of Neptunes installs and was not impressed by any of them. Its more the details and little things that make for a good install and most of the boats I've seen missed the mark. Grant you are probably correct in the sense that people do adjust things thinking they're making things sound better and just destroy any semblance of good sound but at the same time I've heard boats just out of that shop that sound like crap. Maybe Jim should educate his customers on sound instead of just taking the their money and running.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-20-2009, 11:52 AM Reply   
big man, being anonymous and all. just as well, you're crossing the boundary of defamation. some twenty years ago, Bose sued and won against Consumer Reports for a critical review that said nothing no sensational than, '... the sound seems to walk around the room ... '

Bose contention was, ' what sort of objective metric is that?'

Bose was hopping mad, sued against a pretty careful organization in about how it values and maintains its objectivity, and won nevertheless.

you've been way out of line this whole thread.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-20-2009, 12:44 PM Reply   
IMO, if you are willing to BASH so strongly then you better be able to back it up with some concrete arguments.

Its also strange that you are bashing so strongly as a "casual observer".

Its even more suspicious that your profile is only 5 days old.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-20-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
Powerturn why don't you post up your install/installs so we can see what real quality is?
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-20-2009, 1:03 PM Reply   
Examples and pictures johnny or it didn't happen. Until you say WHY you don't like their installs you're just more internet noise. What "details" are you referring to?

I don't know about the mobile audio scene in Ca but I know here it's almost legal highway robbery. In high school people would spend thousands on installs then have it all ripped out of their cars in the driveway of their home at night. I went to one store and was asked for my home address at the time of purchase and refused then was promptly refused the sale and told to leave.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-20-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
very true g. i was wiping off my amps with a rag and the rag snagged a crossover switch and turned two woofers almost off. at least i still had four 12's bumping. thats dope your doing the bump party again. good times G
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-20-2009, 3:29 PM Reply   
nu bu, I found an example of Johnny's work.

Upload
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-20-2009, 4:01 PM Reply   
Here I will give a first hand account of Jims customer support at Neptunes. I had a complete system put in a year ago at Neptunes. I did a lot of research into it and sent many emails to Tim at Wetsounds asking if one 485 would get me the sound I wanted. Tim told me it would get me what I was after and if I ended up wanting more I could add pro 80s. I thought I didn't want the whole lake to hear my music. Tim told me to get in touch with Neptunes as they were a local vendor. At the boat show in Pleasanton I found the Neptunes booth and talked with Jim in great detail about what I was after. I decided to do it. First, it was done on time. When I went to pick it up they were just turning it on. There was padding over the the fender of the trailer into the boat and the employees had their shoes off inside. I was asked by Jim what I was looking for in the sound and what kind of music I was going to be playing so he could set the EQ to that. All I knew at the time was it was loud. Jim then told me listen to it on the water and let him know if it was good. The first time out the wetsounds speakers were cracking when I turned them up and the sound was missing the mid range. I started messing around with the EQ but couldn't get it right. Then one of the amps shut down. The amp wouldn't reset and so I was pretty upset. The next monday I called Jim and told him about the amp and the sound. I brought in the boat and we decided that part of the problem was I underestimated how much sound I really wanted. Neptunes added the pro 80s and a new amp at a discounted price, replaced the failed amp with a new one(I know any shop would have done that) and worked with me for a while on the EQ and Amp crossover settings to get the sound I wanted. I am not really knowledgeable about stereos nor all the set up with one. There is a lot to it and Jim was more than willing to make it right. Also as a customer not knowing everything I was assured by Jim that Neptunes would get me what I wanted and they delivered.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-20-2009, 4:25 PM Reply   
GEEZ! I'm starting to regret ever posting that blasted picture originally!