Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    hyprmotive            06-17-2003, 10:18 AM Reply   
hey i just started thinking about getting some '03 Exos but i have some questions 'cause my local LF dealer is far away.
1. how much bigger is the XL footpad then the L? i
know the XL footpad on Hyperlites is HUGE
compared to the larges.
2. I have size 11.5 feet. should i go with larges
or XL. i WANT Larges cause the length is usually right,
but with hyperlites the Large overlays are too small
3. what is the warranty on LF bindings
4. what kind of hardware do EXOS come with? wing bolt crap or nice "Hyperlock" style stuff?
5. anybody got any other comments on these bindings, especially how they compare in both feel and DURABILITY?
THANKS THANKS
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2003, 1:12 PM Reply   
You will want to go with the XLs. I have a size 13 foot and they are very comfy for me. However, I have several friends who where a 10 who ride my bindings and they say they are a little loose, but not too bad. I think the larges would probably be a little snug and as challenging as they are to get into, you don't really want that. One other thing to consider though is how wide your foot is. I have really wide feet, which is why I got them in the first place. They are very comfy for me, but one of my friends has really narrow feet and he says he feels like he is swimming in them. So if your foot is not very wide, the larges may work better.

I don't know if the new binding hardware has changed, but my 02s came with bolts and washers, regardless, rainbow bones are a necessity especially if you go with the XLs. The baseplates are so long they flex pretty bad without the bones.

As far as comfort, the only bindings I have ridden that are more comfortable are the Hyperlite Parks bindings, but I feel like I get better support and the comfort from my exos. They seem to be very well made and with all of my friends riding them, they have shown no signs of wear. I have read numerous posts of guys who have had the lace loops tear out of their parks. The lace loops on the exos are a hard plastic rather than just the overlay material like on the Parks. Try them out, I promise you will love them.
Old    forcash97            06-17-2003, 2:02 PM Reply   
hey I have to say i have had the 03 exos for about a year now, i got them last year and they are the most comfortable bindings. I wear a size 11 shoe and i demoed both pairs the XL and the L. Although the larges might be a snugger fit, you cannot come out of them. They fit perfect after acouple rides they mold to your feet. Now i wear an 11.5 and my larges still fit perfect. I have also heard stories about people getting bindings to big and actually having there feet slide out the toe hole and completely ruin the binding. So if i was you i would go with the larges, but thats just my 2 cents.
Old    nobrains14            06-17-2003, 2:04 PM Reply   
Get the xls
Old     (leinad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2003, 2:30 PM Reply   
I have a pair of large 2003 exos for sale if you are interested, my foot is size 11 and they are a nice snug fit. You are going with the right binding, they are so comfy.

Daniel Doud
dcdoud@hotmail.com