Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (shanemulleryahoocom)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
I was on grizzly's site today looking at new bindings and have kind of narrowed it down to 2 pairs he has some 06 transits on there and and some 05 byerly's also for around the same price. I have used byerly's before but never the transits. Anyone have any particular advice on either of these??
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-01-2007, 10:49 AM Reply   
I can only comment on the 06 Transits. I just got a pair for this season and I really like them. I was going to get Factions but I got a deal on the Transits and thought I would give them a shot first. Very comfortable, easy to get into (which is rare with narrow size 13 feet) and good hold down. They also have plenty of support. Most of my crew has been riding LF bindings the last few seasons and we all like them. Maybe somebody will chime in on the Byerly bindings.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-01-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
I second the transits, good support and real cushy footbed.
Old    ausbill32            06-01-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
I have the 06 Transits and I love them. My friend let me try his 07 transits two weeks ago and I like his more. The 07 are still super comfy like the 06 model but the differences in my opinion are the 07 has a more secure foot and heel holding, and the boot is a little stiffer. Still easy to get out of though. My front lace broke on my right foot 06 last month so I'm definitely going to pick up some 07s in the next week or so after having tried my buddies. The 06 are still great though.
Old     (shanemulleryahoocom)      Join Date: May 2007       06-03-2007, 6:00 AM Reply   
ok grizzly's doesn't have the size transits for me but I might be able to get some 06 shanes instead. What do we think of these, I am alittle leary about gettting a closed toe boot and hearing about some of the guys slammining thre toes into the ends!!
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-03-2007, 7:14 PM Reply   
ill share my experiences with Byerly's...i have the 05 Byerlys, they have the BOA system on them...i broke the BOA thing off when i was sliding into the water...i called hyperlite and this guy named Eric hooked me up with a new BOA piece and we called him when we got it and he walked us through it.

then one of my buddies was ridin' it...and when he was done he ripped the thing right off of the binding. the second time i called hyperlite they didnt hook me up. so i had to take it to my local shop and they sent the boot into hyperlite and they fixed. although all we payed for was s&h.

so, long story short....id go for the transits..lol the Byerlys are great bindings but theyre fragile. I now rock the 06 Fuze and im loving them. keepin the byerlys as back up
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       06-03-2007, 7:46 PM Reply   
byerly. i did not like my transits at all . if I were you i would try the watsons.
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-03-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
I had byerly bindings, I didn't care much for them...went to the Transits and love them. Go try them on and get the ones that fit best.
Old     (shanemulleryahoocom)      Join Date: May 2007       06-04-2007, 6:57 AM Reply   
thanks for the transit advice, now my problem is finding some, Grizzly dosen't have my size in stock and I am not sure where else to look??? any suggestions?
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-04-2007, 7:01 AM Reply   
I got my Transits off of ebay, there aren't any board shops around me, so I bought mine from an ebay seller named closeout dude. I have bought from him before and will probably buy from him again.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-04-2007, 7:26 AM Reply   
http://www.miamiskinautiques.com/cgi-local/webcat/products_page.cgi?action=view&item=07LFTransitBoot &reset=3449

The best bindings ever! lol I have these and I love them. Very good support and really comfy.