Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-02-2009, 9:02 AM Reply   
The pump on one of the rear ballast has stopped working and i need to know what pump came stock with the boat and where i can find a new one. the boat is a 2005 v215
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-02-2009, 9:45 PM Reply   
Call Sanger, they will either direct you to a dealer or they may just send you one. I bought one for my 06 from my local MarineMax, $45.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-03-2009, 9:15 AM Reply   
the rear pumps are aerator pumps from what Ive seen on the 2009s... there are 4 aerator pumps in the rear, 2 on the outside of the hardtanks and 2 hull...
Old     (jumpit13)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-03-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
I have problem with one of mine same yr and model boat. I tap on it with a wrench and it starts working usual happens 1 or 2 time yr.
check wiring might have chaffed that happen once.
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-03-2009, 6:13 PM Reply   
i hear the pump running, but its not pumping any water.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-03-2009, 7:50 PM Reply   
mine does the samething. I replaced it 2 years from Sanger. It only took 6 months and started doing it again. I did try a little trick and that is to bump it in reverse then back to nuetral when I start to fill. It does the trick every time.
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-04-2009, 4:51 PM Reply   
i have the pump completely apart and i dont see anything wrong with it. its a tsunami 1100 gph and i cant seem to find then anywhere. where can i find a direct replacement? i leave tomorrow for vacation.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-04-2009, 5:16 PM Reply   
If it's running and you don't see anything wrong after taking it apart, maybe not the pump? What did Sanger say?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-04-2009, 5:33 PM Reply   
The Tsunami 1100 is a cartridge pump. You might not be able to find the ballast version but if you can find the bilge pump verison there is a good chance the cartridge is interchangeable?
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-04-2009, 8:09 PM Reply   
i never got a chance to call sanger. i think im just going to get a new pump and clean the tank and everything and make sure there arent any clogs.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       08-05-2009, 6:14 PM Reply   
http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.asp?ID=3053888

This is the pump. I bought two, cheap insurance. I still have problems filling every once in a while on the starboard side. I just take it out verify it works reinstall it. Also you might have lake weed in your system, I force filled my ballast in the drive way and emptied it to verify the hoses were all clear. I hope this helps.
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-06-2009, 1:51 AM Reply   
Dave has the right pump. I don't think that Sanger ever used Tsunami pumps but I could be wrong every one I have seen that used aerator pump uses the Shurflo piranha. Typically what causes the pump not to work is an air lock. Had this problem with my starboard pump. Make sure all the fittings are tight (valve, street fitting pump to valve) use plenty of Teflon tape on fittings. Remove motor from housing and apply a little marine grease or Vaseline to the o-ring and reinstall. Make sure nut is tight and reinstall keeper. Finally make sure that discharge hose keeps a gradual up angle from pump to the tank. If the pump is above the hose then air will get caught in the pump. These pumps are not self priming so if there is air in the pump then it will not work. By the way my problem was that my pump was above the hose. Just had to install some small spacers under the clamps to get hose off floor, problem solved.
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-07-2009, 4:35 PM Reply   
thanks dave for a link to the pumps. i think i might have fixed it already though. i went and blew through the overflow hose and it seemed to be clogged. so now im going to put it back together and see if it works. if it doesnt i can always surf.