Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            03-08-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
I was hitting Chip of Stripes up for some swag and he sent along a few pictures of a board he's working on.

Upload
Upload
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-08-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
very, very kewl !!!!!!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-08-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
Wow
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-09-2007, 4:00 AM Reply   
anyone know the weight limit ?
Old    surfdad            03-09-2007, 5:38 AM Reply   
I don't see that board on their website, we'll need to get Chip to chime in:

http://www.stripessurf.com
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-09-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
Wow, cool piece. That board has all kinds of cool little items. Can't wait to see some hard info on it before I start talking out of my azz about what I see. I like the art work though.

I can't seem to get the web site to work.
Old    surfdad            03-09-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
I just clicked on the URL above, worked for me.
Old    surfdad            03-09-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
I asked Chip if it was airbrushed or a transfer on rice paper and he tells me:

"Left one was an artist and paint pens actually on the hot coat."

Hand drawn. :-)
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-09-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
Hmmm, working now. Must have been a lot of traffic there this morning.
Old     (chipconrad)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-09-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
(chime)

Sorry about the site, we are getting a ton of traffic.

With these particular boards we tried some new ideas that I thought about late at night (possibly after a couple of Nyquil). Right board looks bitchin but it ended up too heavy. The left board ended up light but when we gloss coated the board the epoxy reacted bad with the automotive paint. Unfortunately we will have to sand off the art work and start over.

The boards are a new model thats in R and D right now. The behind the boat version is called the Flat Top Pro, the ocean version, which is glassed lighter but is a thicker board, is called the Jetty Bug. We do offer this model with our normal tech.

It weighs in at about 4 lbs. But you can order it with 4 oz glass instead of 6 oz and bring it down to 3 lbs.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-09-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
im really liking the look of these boards! hopefully i will get to try one soon :-)

chip im from active water sports in portland, OR and ive been trying to bring in a non corporate surf brand for a while, maybe you would be willing to send us a sample to demo and check out.

email me sean@activeh2o.com
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-09-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
chip,

they look great...

what is the weight limit of the riders the board will support ?

thanks !!
Old    surfdad            03-10-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
Chip, how did you get the board weight down to 3 pounds?
Old     (chipconrad)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-10-2007, 11:34 PM Reply   
Mike, we make that model for all weights. Thats the beautiful thing about hiring the services of a hand made shop.

Jeff, i could tell you but then id have to kill you. No its no real secret. 2lbs eps 4 oz glass. And i did say around 3 lbs. Like i said a board glasses this light would only be for our riders. The normal weekend warrior would ding a 4 oz glass job in seconds.
Old    surfdad            03-11-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
You are using any PVC on the rails?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-11-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
chip,

when i catch up on life (relocating to az)... we have to go out for a surf session on caddywampus..
Old     (chipconrad)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-11-2007, 5:19 PM Reply   
Jeff, no, but i am for my sprinkler system I have the greenest grass in the block.
Old    surfdad            03-11-2007, 6:14 PM Reply   
You goof. :-) Not PVC as in pipe, as in D-cell. Just EPS and glass? You're not bagging the eps?
Old     (chipconrad)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-12-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
Molds are for Jello, and bags are for groceries. We make hand laid hand shaped boards. Two materials: EPS foam and Epoxy Resin.