Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-12-2003, 9:33 PM Reply   
Just a little vid of Eric surfin it up on Saturday. Got some new video editing software I am learning to use. It is some good surfing footage.
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=8496
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-12-2003, 9:40 PM Reply   
I love it! gr8 music! Keep surfing!
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2003, 9:49 PM Reply   
Very cool! Andy, ya gotta try the real stuff in October. You'll be moving to San Diego.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-12-2003, 10:00 PM Reply   
Nice vid! First surf footage I've seen in Colorado that's for sure.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-13-2003, 8:26 AM Reply   
We are the only ones doing it at the lake. Get lots of looks and laughs from other boats. Eric is getting it down pretty good too. The music is the theme from endless summer performed by the Sandals. One of my favorite chill out songs!
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-13-2003, 11:20 AM Reply   
Andy, how did you have the boat weighted? In my 20v I've found that I get the biggest wake if I don't have any weight up front and all the rest (maybe 800#) in the back left locker. Also, keep TAPS at 8.

For shooting the video, a wide angle lens is really nice. It allows you to get the camera closer and lower which gives a better angle and makes the wake look bigger.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-13-2003, 11:33 AM Reply   
Hi Bill. believe it or not the 21v had no sacs in it and just me and my wife sitting on the back. That is a total of only 300# in the boat not including the driver. He forgot his fatsacs. Taps was at 8. On a typical day we ride with a fat lounge in the front and a 600# sac in the rear and about 3-4 people sitting on the rear sunpad. That wave is tremendous then. As far as the video footage, I was sitting on the back with my feet on the swim platform. I needed to be there for the weight and was darn close to the rider. Usually I am a lot further away from the surfer
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-13-2003, 12:43 PM Reply   
Andy, as long as you're having fun (which its obvious you are) thats all that matters. Looks like you guys have had a blast riding and filming this summer.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-13-2003, 1:27 PM Reply   
Okay, that makes sense. I was wondering why the wake was a little small for a Tige v-drive. I can really tell the difference when TAPS isn't at 8 too. We've tried several combinations and at first had too much weight up front.

It sure is easy to hear the stereo when you're that close to the boat!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-13-2003, 8:29 PM Reply   
LOL. We tried out my x-5 tonite for wakesurfing with amazing results. The wave is huge and very clean. The surfable part of the wave was even longer then on the 21v. Even has a small barrel forming at the top. Now, if we only brought the surfboard it would of been better. Will surf it up on the x-5 on friday afternoon and post some vids for ya. Just having a blast this summer goofing around with all the new watertoys.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-13-2003, 8:37 PM Reply   
Get lots of practice. If you come out in October chances are you'll be dunked in the surf!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-14-2003, 10:22 AM Reply   
Working on the october getaway now. Just need to get with El Gigante tonite to see when is a good time so we can see everyone and play in the water. I would love to surf in the ocean and eat seaweed
Old     (ahuser22)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-14-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
Do you guys think I could wakesurf behind a 19.5ft, i/o, 175 horse, 4 cylinder? I have some weights in the back and the wake is decent size, I guess what would be a good size for the wake in order to surf it? Thanks and sorry if my post is a little incoherent

Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-14-2003, 10:37 AM Reply   
Aaron, no surfing behind an I/O because of the prop danger.

Andy, third weekend in October is a go from our perspective.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-14-2003, 11:07 AM Reply   
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Will be on the phone today/tonight with the airline getting the tix. Now my mind is going to be fogged for the next month and a half.
Old     (geoff_l)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-14-2003, 12:40 PM Reply   
Hey Andy, nice video. "Endless Summer" must be such a tease for you. Unfortunately, it looks like we are going to miss your return visit. We'll be in Hawaii that week/weekend. Hopefully we get to see you in Denver in December.

Aaron, definitely DO NOT wakesurf behind an I/O. Paul explained the danger, it is just worth repeating.
Old     (ahuser22)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-14-2003, 12:51 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, I will just have to wait till I can afford a new boat. Thanks again
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-14-2003, 1:02 PM Reply   
Gimpy, sorry we will miss you but hope to see you in December if you are in Denver. Will provide anything you guys need on your visit.

Aaron, I don't know if you can tell or not but while wakesurfing you are really really close to the rear of the boat. Numerous times we have actually ridden up on the swim platform and a few times when the rider has taken a spill, their body comes close too. Just don't want that with a large food processor lookin ya in the face./