Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-01-2009, 10:38 AM Reply   
Looking into a new board. Currently riding a finless Marius 140. I am 5'11", 170 lbs. I'd like to stay with either a continuous or hybrid rocker, as I rode my buddy's 08 Monarch the other day and didn't like the pop. Just like everybody else, looking for nice consistent pop, with soft landings (flatts guy) and is pretty lose.
Looking at the following:
Transcend 142
Marius 140
Hype Era 142
Company Recruit

Thoughts?
Also up for any other suggestions.
Thanks!
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-01-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
if you like the consistency and stability of the marius....it will be hard to duplicate.....its a one of a kind board.

I have been looking to replace my 06 marius shape (i have 07)......but keep coming back to it because of the consistency and stability. The only thing i imagine to replace it with is the newer cut marius.....but i am not looking for increased speed...so its out too.
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-01-2009, 9:02 PM Reply   
I ride a transcend which is a subtle 3 stage so its basically a hybrid and it def has more "up" to the pop than the marius. You can get it into the flats no doubt, you just gotta cut a lil bit harder to get it into a legitimate flats landing. People say it has soft landings but i dont feel a difference in the landings between the transcend and the marius. The transcend pop is really consistant when you learn your cut and timing of it. But from what your describing, it sounds like you should just stick with the marius for what you want...
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-01-2009, 9:09 PM Reply   
maybe the o'brien vice?? i rode it and liked the big width and stability which would be similar to the marius. i loved the feel of the board, but it didnt pop as hard as i wanted. it has a progressive rocker similar to the marius and a single spine. maybe if you had a chance you could demo it somewhere.