Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    bigd            08-31-2004, 3:18 PM Reply   
Got this in my inbox the other day...

from some company called www.adknowledge.com

It went to an email address that I use to deflect spam. Not gonna complain, but others may...
Old     (jdaviso1)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-31-2004, 8:07 PM Reply   
I wouldn't give a dime to a company that uses spam as a marketing tactic!

-- John
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-31-2004, 10:36 PM Reply   
Love to know what site you go to if you clicked on the image/link? That is the top search listings, exactly word for word, for us and Big Air. I'm confident the e-mail would NOT redirect to us or Big Air. I'm not paying for this exposure so in some sick way its "flattering" to be involved in it :-(
Old    bigd            09-01-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
As a matter of fact when I clicked on the links it did take me to each of the respective sites. I deleted the message or I would forward it on to you. You ought to check your server logs and see what kind of referral traffic you're getting. Maybe adknowledge.com will show up somewhere.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-01-2004, 10:48 AM Reply   
I may be mistaken but I think this is tied into Google Sense/Ads by Google.

It's primarily based on your cookies, search and web navigation tactics.

Maybe adknowledge.com has come up with something new???
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-01-2004, 7:19 PM Reply   
Can you look in your deleted folder and if you can find it forward it to me PLEASE. I really want to know what it's about. If you cant get to it or see another one please forward to bill@monstertower.com

Adknowledge definately looks like a spam house and if Google is working with them I dont want to work with Google.

I used to always say NEVER EVER buy ANYTHING from spammers or you just support them but if spammers are using legit companies that DONT spam to make a buck that's damn scary.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-01-2004, 8:58 PM Reply   
BigD, I'm running this way up the flagpole at Overture. AdKnowledge scares me, their into "behavorial profiling" of us and they use the justification of a "living behavioral database" of all of us as their justification to spam us?
Old    bigd            09-02-2004, 7:45 AM Reply   
I got it at a hotmail account so the old message is gone. I do get a bunch of mail there from places like Boat US, West Marine, etc., so that may be why I got the tower email. If I get another one I'll send it over to you.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-02-2004, 1:21 PM Reply   
Thanks,

I'm geeting to the low down. The company AdKnowledge admitted to me they are in a revenue sharing agreement with Overture. They claim any email would be on behalf of a customer but I dont know if that's true or not. I know I did not ask them to spam on my behalf and doubt big air did. Basiclly if you click on the adds they share in the cost per click revenue Overture gets.

So it sounds like AdKnowledge is just another spamhole operation but they use fancy marketing words to justify what they are doing. What pisses me off is they did this without my permission. That takes a lot of balls.

If all this is what is going on I plan to stop advertising with Overture.

I sincerely apologize to anyone that recieves these and please keep me posted if you do.