Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-09-2013, 6:54 PM Reply   
Wakeboards - check

Massive inflatable tube - check

Pump to blow up massive inflatable tube - check

A million types of tow ropes and life jackets - check

Bathing suit - awe crap!

That's right with all the excitement of having our first day on the water and trying to remember everything that is need on maiden voyages I forgot my trunks, ha ha. But i'm happy to say that was the only hiccup we had ALL day (6hrs).

Of coarse we had to do the tube first since my 12 yr old daughter brought three of her friends along. The first good thing I noticed was I loved having both batteries in the back of the boat. Since I have a 12V pumped this helped a LOT since I always inflate our Great Big Mable at the back of the boat. Now my next concern was a big one since we do a lot of tubing. The other boat I had (2k9 Supra 21V Launch), had a retractable ski pylon. The Epic does not. I was told I had to hook it up to the tower. I was a little hesitant since our towable was soo large and hold up to 4 people. Can the Samson tower handle it . . . HELLZ YEAH it can. This BEAST of a tower didn't budge a bit. What a relief since we do about 60% tubing ( I know , don't say it).

On to wakeboarding. My 12 yr old daughter was up first. She said she was a little intimidated by the size of the wake. She rode at 65ft 18.5mph. This was her first time riding this year and I have no doubt she'll adjust quickly. Now on the Papa Bear. This wake is killer right out of the box. I've found that the trick is to always have alittle bit more on the left side, not sure why. But the wake is KILLER. Epic produces the best wake I've ever ridden (sorry guys its just my opinion). This is the WHOLE reason I bought this boat. I'm in love with the wake.

We only tried surfing for about 10 min. (pizza was waiting for us at the docks). This wake is a lot bigger and LONGER the my old Supra. The Supra I always felt like I was riding so close to the boat with the Epic I'm a lot further back and it waaay bigger ( I only had stock ballast in the Supra).

My favorite part of this boat is the transome audio. It soooo beats tower speakers. I could blast it and completely turn off the cabin speakers and easily have a conversation with anyone in the boat. And in the mean time be making the wakeboarder 75 ft away almost deaf. Ha ha.

All in all we had a great day on the water and can't wait to start the summer!

Last edited by venom93corba; 06-09-2013 at 7:01 PM. Reason: spelling