Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (jrbishop4)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-28-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
I am looking at a 2008 X2 with the RTP 310hp engine. Will I have any issues with power with stock ballast and 6-8 people?
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-28-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
people claim that the rtp and mcx torque curves are very similar except for top end. I had the rtp in my x1 and it was plenty. In the x2 I wanted the mcx, but I never drove both.

If it is true about the torque curves, you will only see a difference in top end.

For what it is worth I actually wish I would of went to the ly6 in the x2.
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-28-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
They are the same engine... the mcx has more airflow and therefore 40 more HP which is seen in the top end. I have driven both with same prop and you cannot tell except for top speed.

If you really want a difference jump up to the ly6 as stated above.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-28-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
I have that boat. Performance is good. I just put on the Acme 14.5 X 14.25 prop and gained a bunch of hole shot and lost only 1 mph of top end from stock (41 vs 42 mph). We usually have full ballast and 8-10 people.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-29-2008, 8:25 AM Reply   
My 06 x2 had and rtp, my 07 had an mcx. If I were blindfolded I would not of known a difference. The MCX is pretty, people seem to think they need it thus the resale is better but it is unsubstantiated. The Acme 1285 is the perfect prop for you. It is what i used as I had a full boat and extra ballast. I did like the fact that the Mcx had the cats thought, nice for wakesurfing, but I think at this time they all have the cats.
Old     (jrbishop4)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-29-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the input. It sounds like I should be fine with this boat so I think I am going to see if I can work a deal this week.