Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-30-2010, 8:40 AM Reply   
Was talking to a couple of the guys from my crew and we thought it might be a fun idea to try to get EVERYONE from WakeWorld together for a Meet and Greet day on Tonka. A lot of us here have our own crews that we ride with within the city or area but it might be fun to try to get all of us out there with all of our boats and get a nice WakeWorld "tie up" going in a bay somewhere. Would probably be a better idea to call that a "fun day" instead of a day of riding so we can just all tie up and kick it and meet up and maybe exchange numbers and find out where everyone rides. We have 5 or 6 boats in our crew and 7 or 8 guys regularly. I'm sure there are many others in the area.

Anyone interested in doing this? We were thinking that the weekend AFTER Memorial Weekend might be a good idea. That way we have a good chance of nice weather and we won't have to battle the Minnetonka Memorial ramp chaos. It's still busy of course but it shouldn't be as bad.

We could just pick a bay or an area and tie up and party and have some fun and mix our crews. It could make the summer more interesting if we all have more boats and riders and people to link up with. We should probably try to make it one of the bigger lakes - Minnetonka or Prior. Tonka is more central to everyone. I think if we invade a smaller lake we might have some parking/ramp/lake issues.

Who's in? Saturday June 5th on Minnetonka (or another lake if something is more desireable to the group).

We could say 1pm? That way people can go early and get a spot and ride or come later and should be able to get the boat on the water still..

I'm in.