Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (tnyhwk)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-21-2003, 4:16 AM Reply   
I know I have seen it on here before, but i can not find it. Does anyone know who makes the valve that nautiques are putting in there ballast systems. It's the valve that has a cable with a lever up by the driver. It allows the driver to open and shut the valve.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-21-2003, 4:33 AM Reply   
I don't know who is making the valves but, they are definately used for Live Wells. As I looked at one pretty closely. Look at some of the generic boating mail order places. They shouldn't be too hard to find.

Chris
get the grip you deserve
www.wakejunky.com

Also for sale
http://home.surewest.net/cfoye/96SportNautique/96SportNautique.htm
Old    oldschool            02-21-2003, 6:24 AM Reply   
It's flow rite. www.flow-rite.com

I have them...there is nothing better out there.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-21-2003, 6:29 AM Reply   
hey craig, how does it work? or whats the purpose of it?
Old    oldschool            02-21-2003, 6:52 AM Reply   
Let me start by saying they work great because when they are open, there is absolutely no restriction of water flow. ZERO RESTRICTION.

Because they work by actuated cables they don't rust out like electronic valves do.

Check out the website, they have schematics on how they assemble and work. You have to get the Ballast Control Vavle (part # BCV01). It's not listed on the website, you have to call to get it. It's much like the system 1, Open/Close valve, but has a small plate on the one flapped to ensure water does not flow in either direction when it is closed.
Old    jmccallum            02-21-2003, 7:05 AM Reply   
Hey Craig,

I was planning on upgrading my system this spring and have heard lots of good things about Flow-rite. I'm tight on room. How big are the control dials (outside diameter)?
Old    oldschool            02-21-2003, 7:40 AM Reply   
I would say about 2 1/2" in diameter and you need about 2" of depth. The hole only needs to be 2" for the control.

These are guesses, but I think I am close.

Guys, these valves beat the hell out of sprinkler valves.
Old     (jtfrisco)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-21-2003, 8:14 AM Reply   
The control hole needs a 1 3/4" hole saw and the diameter of the face of the control (Acuator as they call it) is 2" like craig said.
Old    jmccallum            02-21-2003, 8:53 AM Reply   
Actually, I think Craig said the face O.D. is about 2-1/2 not 2....
Old    oldschool            02-21-2003, 11:03 AM Reply   
Yes, the face of the actuator looks about 2 1/2" to me. I didn't put them on the dash, rather I put them on the side board under the dash.
Old     (jtfrisco)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-21-2003, 11:26 AM Reply   
Craig, do you have a picture of your Actuators mounted by chance?
Old    oldschool            02-21-2003, 12:10 PM Reply   
No pictures. I will try and remember to take a couple this Sunday when we go out.
Old    oldschool            02-24-2003, 8:02 AM Reply   
My digital camera is old, and the pictures aren't the best, but hewre you guys go...

Old    jmccallum            02-24-2003, 8:14 AM Reply   
looks good!
Old     (jtfrisco)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-24-2003, 8:57 AM Reply   
Looks good Craig. Isn't the other side of that wall exposed? Can you see the cables in the walkway?
Old    oldschool            02-24-2003, 11:45 AM Reply   
No it's not exposed. It has white gelcoat finish on the other side. It's hard to see with the POS camera I have. It's the opening to the bow there. The boat has playpen seating up front. I think I have about 3 inches of depth behind that board the actuators are mounted too. It was a little tough getting them in there though because all the wiring runs to the dash there and it got a little tight with the new cables.
Old     (jtfrisco)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-24-2003, 11:55 AM Reply   
Cool, the only place I could mount mine was next to the Throttle, since there is so much stuff attached to the throttle I had to mount the Controls upside down. Not a big though and it looks good and works very efficiently. Thanks for all your help.