Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       03-27-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
I am looking to upgrade from my trip to a temet or balance, but i can't decide which, i haven't ridden either of them, does anyone have any useful input? The other boards i am considering are the substance, subjekt, and premier.
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       03-27-2005, 4:07 PM Reply   
any advice?
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-27-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
John,

I have ridden a 2001 Trip, a 2003 Subjekt, and a 2004 Temet. Between those 3 boards I would choose the Subjekt 95% of the time. It doesn't have the huge pop, compared to some other boards I've ridden (like the Helix, Watson's old board). However, it is light, breaks loose very easily, yet holds tight for really hard cuts. It is stable in the air, and has nice smooth landings. I don't know about sliders, it doesn't have a center fin, and Shane is the slide-king, so I'm sure it would be perfect. My suggestion, demo one...I loved it the instant I first rode it.
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       03-27-2005, 5:17 PM Reply   
ok cool, the trip i have now is the 2001, what size boards are those 3? so how does the temet ride?
Old     (lakeaustinrider)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-28-2005, 10:23 AM Reply   
I have a '04 Hyperlite Temet DNA (blem) for sale if you are interested. $300 obo

I think the Temet is somewhat loose feeling and feels like it has more rocker even though it doesn't. I like the board but i prefer my old board. That's why I am selling it.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-28-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
Substance is Pimp Juice. Demo them if you can. I can't tell you anything about the Subject or Temet, but the Substance pops really well and gives you a nice straight up boot. Just depends on what you want. Substance is definitely a bit more of a wake to wake board.
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       03-29-2005, 5:02 PM Reply   
how much more loose is the tracking on a subjekt than a substance? and which has better pop
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-30-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
The temet is a smooth all around board, is does not have the pop or the speed of a substance, but the landings are butter. If you ride a bigger wake a temet is great, but for me on a smaller or rampier wake it did not suit me. I rode the temet behind a SAN and loved it, but behind my rampy VLX it did not go wake to wake like I like. I did learn raley's and 3 different 360's on it in about a month of riding it. Smooth cut, smooth pop and smooth landing equals faster progression. Just my 2 cents.
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       03-31-2005, 12:47 PM Reply   
ok cool, how about the balance? how does it ride compared to the substance and subjekt?
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       04-01-2005, 8:29 PM Reply   
ok thanks guys, i just got an '04 Subjekt 137