Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-04-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
My buddy has a 211 and we are trying to figure how to weigh it it for a good wake. He has the auto ballast system and an extra 540lb bag. Also, when we surf it seems like we get a lot of white wash with no lip. Are we going to slow?

dg
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-04-2007, 11:57 AM Reply   
How fast are you going? Try 9-11 MPH to start.....Should be enough weight, fill the side you are surfing on and leave the other side empty....
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-04-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
I thnk we are about 10, it just seems to have no shape to it, and is all white wash. Only weight the tank to the side we are riding?

dg
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-04-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
Have you checked your speedometer speed with a GPS? You might be going slower than you think......Was it all whitewater or was there a rooster tail of white water? Hard to tell without seeing pics.....
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-04-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
here is a pic

Upload
Upload
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-04-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
these are without the extra ballast bag, we are still trying to get it all figured out.

dg
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-04-2007, 12:39 PM Reply   
That speed might not be too bad, maybe a little slow. You need more weight on the port side. Are you sure the starboard ballast tank is empty? I would guess that it is full. How many people were in the boat?
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-04-2007, 3:26 PM Reply   
these are pics from ClubMike's SV211 when we were in powell last year.
Im sure he will chime in at some point to let you know how to weight it. He has it dialed in pretty good as you can see.

Upload
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-04-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
SOme MoreUpload
Upload
Upload
Upload
OOPS.. How did that get in there!!!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-05-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
i kinda remember this thread from awhile ago (i think the owner didnt want to add extra weight over factory)

the 211 has a very good surf wake when setup right..

here is my set up... a lot has to do with the type of weight and where it is placed... my setup will change depending on how many people i have on the boat (this is my setup with a total of 3 people )

here is my setup for the goofy side(wakegate set for 2 1/4 and pp set in rpm mode @2825)

-8 pop products bags lined along the inside rear locker
-275 lb fly high sac in rear locker
-275 lb rear locker factory ballast
-150 lb fat buddy on cooler seat (if a 4th is present- i will not use this)
-275 lb fly high fat sac along side the cooler seat lengthwise
-4 pop product bags along driver
-4 pop products bags in starboard bow
-150 lb fat buddy on starboard bow seat

the steel shot bags (pop products) are totally required... they really clean up the wake and give it drive...this has been confirmed on other boats (shannon's bu(walzer surfboards) , ben's x-45, and many others..

a total of 1740 lbs and pretty light imo for a world class surf wake - caddywampus has been in 4 video with the local surf manufactures (they refer to it as "the launch pad")..

this is a really light weight when compared to other boats set up for surf.. i have ridden behind x-stars, centurions, and bu's that run a excess of 3000 lbs in ballast PLUS 8-10 people...

btw, the boat is pretty safe and handles well imho..

Upload
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-05-2007, 5:48 PM Reply   
Myke yeah we spoke before about this boat. No way my buddies wife is going to for all that weight, and since its not my boat or wife cant find it. But as I have a DD, I realize that his 211 will make a better wake. Given the nati and extra 540 lb bag, how do you think we should use those for port side surfing? Do you think we coan get a decent wake? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! (The pics of me surfing were taken our first weekend surfing behind it and is obviously not set right, look at all that foam!)

dg

dg
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-05-2007, 5:50 PM Reply   
Myke,
Yeah we spoke before about this boat. No way my buddy's wife is going to go for all that weight, and since its not my boat or wife cant fight it. But as I have a DD, I realize that his 211 will make a better wake. Given the nati and extra 540 lb bag, how do you think we should use those for port side surfing? Do you think we can get a decent wake? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! (The pics of me surfing were taken our first weekend surfing behind it and is obviously not set right, look at all that foam!)

dg
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-05-2007, 11:13 PM Reply   
tough one... the port side is a little harder due to the prop...a lot depends on how many people you go out with..

if you can get 400 lb of pop products (small foot print) and 2-300 lb sacs (one in the walkway and another in the nose) and get everyone to sit on the port side...

the whole idea is to get as much as you can on the port side with more in the back / side...

good luck