Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       12-04-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
Im doing a research paper and powerpoint presentation for my upper div. Environmental Science class, and need some pictures of the San Juaquin delta, preferrably images of pollution (ie scrap metal, abandoned cars, various chemical spills). No, Im not trying to reinforce the notion that the delta is the "dirty delta" I just used the title to grab attention. If you post pictures that arent yours, please try to cite where they came from so I can properly cite them in my presentation. Any articles on delta pollution are greatly appreciated as well. Thanks!
Old     (rideit4life)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-04-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
Funny that you're doing a presentation on the Delta, because I did one on the Delta two Spring semesters ago for a Geography class at a junior college. We got an A on it. We did the whole thing on Powerpoint, so i'll check and see if I still have it saved somewhere on my computer. Hopefully I do, and i'll hook you up with some info and pics!
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       12-05-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
I would be willing to bet Florida's lakes are dirtier than the delta...now there's a research project!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-05-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
Here you go - the last one is of some of the locals!Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-05-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
one moreUpload
Old     (bvdievent)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-05-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
This was out on Vics last October.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-05-2006, 7:14 PM Reply   
looks like that hurt
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-05-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
The thing I love about the delta is all of the 55 gal drums that are all over the banks. Ever wonder what was in them?
Old     (blxboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-05-2006, 8:47 PM Reply   
i'd use them to make floating/towable sliders and whatnot
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       12-05-2006, 10:57 PM Reply   
Thanks guys! Nbizzle- If you could dig that up it would help greatly!
Old     (rideit4life)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-06-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
I'm still looking for the presentation on PowerPoint. I'm pretty sure it's saved in one of my e-mail accounts somewhere. In the presentation, I remember we talked about the Delta wildlife, the history of the Delta, IE: When it was built, who built it, and we also mentioned good places to ride on the Delta amongst other things. Today I found some pictures I took for the presentation, so if you need more pictures, let me know.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-07-2006, 9:04 PM Reply   
hot tub...

Upload
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-07-2006, 10:54 PM Reply   
Uhhhhhh,

I'll stick with hypothermic conditions on Sammamish. At least when I get done, I don't feel like I need a tetniss shot.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-07-2006, 10:56 PM Reply   
i guess then you need to change your name from the northwest hardcore to the northwest softcore.