Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-05-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
I saw the premier last night, and it really bit the big one. The guy who was suppost to be a up and coming pro was spending more time fixing the boat than riding. What kinda boat was that ? Looked like a early 80's boat. The wake was small and always washed out. Well we don't have to worry about the hoards of people wanting to learn to get into the sport after the premier. There was a couple of hot girls though...
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-05-2006, 4:35 PM Reply   
Sorry meant falcon beach
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-05-2006, 4:49 PM Reply   
Dennis, I also saw it last night, with all 90 seconds of wakeboarding. The guy can throw some tricks but mostly it was cheesy dialogue, hot young chicks with a thin plot.
I had to dig out Blacklist and Snap to rectify the situation.
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-05-2006, 6:59 PM Reply   
yea it blew

On the second episode the guy throws a couple of tricks but the show is pretty much an embarrassment to the sport
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-05-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   

quote:

I had to dig out Blacklist and Snap to rectify the situation.

yes yes, right on!
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-05-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
Just watching it now (probably a repeat of last night). Yep it sucks, except for the eye candy :-)

No spotter in the boat and no life vest on the rider. Tsk tsk.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-05-2006, 8:33 PM Reply   
What show is this and what channel is it on?
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-05-2006, 8:48 PM Reply   
It's called Falcon Beach and it's on channel 17. But it's crap so don't bother
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       06-06-2006, 5:11 AM Reply   
I am glad that there is something on TV that has something to do withboarding though, being that I dont have fuel, I get pumped to see anything. I just Tivo it and fast forward to the riding... the boat is old and the wake is washed, but even my wife said, at least they are really riding behind that boat and not having some huge wake from another boat, that would be pretty unbelieveable
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-06-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
Last night episode was good. Jason the good hearted wakeboarder gets jacked around by a model and a rich buisness prep school girl who are boath very hot. Anyway he tries too help them with their problems , but they really are not opening up too him with the whole truth and this guy must keep blowing a nut b/c he gets close too geting layed, but never quite gets their. He finally says screw women lets go to the water and starts to rip it up in his old boat with a ugly pylon. The show is not too bad.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-06-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
Ha, ha, sounds like garbage to me.
Old     (mr_incredible)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-06-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
its not all that bad. if u watched the previews for the rest of the season it looks like he gets sponsored later on in the season and gets a better boat and board but i could be wrong. im just thankful because now im guessing/hoping there are going to be alot less ppl that look dazed when u tell them u wakeboard and they might be stoked that they saw it on a show they like and want to try it out. so i just think it could be a good thing to the industry. i also really like the fact that the main guy Jason has a little bit of fun but stays away from the drugs and trys to help everyone else out any way he can. as u guys say: just my .02
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-06-2006, 3:08 PM Reply   
Dennis....Do you hear yourself?

More wakeboarding and less about not climbing the watertower while on E.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-06-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
Who is the guy riding?

Tony Carroll give me a call or Larry to get my #
Old     (wallyworld)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-06-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
dood,

its a canadian bacon show, what do you expect, eh?
Old    chachi            06-06-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
ya he does get a sponsor and stuff even a new tige boat. watch the rest of the season its not that bad. the show has a decent story and is not just all wakeboarding , but it does have some in more shows to come.